Continuing Pash/Gruden/WFT fallout (1 Viewer)

I'm in the minority here...I guess, I don't really want the NFL hurt as a result, this'll be more of a cutting off our nose to spite our faces type thing.

Congress getting involved? What's the endgame? No Goodell - best case scenario, worst case - uncovered widespread game manipulation and collusion - death of football as we know it. Don't know about you guys, but I'm not ready to take the kids to the zoo every damn sunday, I need professional football.

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif
Weather is cooling off - animals are much more active this time of year

This might be the saddest thing I have ever seen the federal government get involved in. With the major problems we have going on right now in our country, this is what they want to get involved in? Granted many of those problems were caused by government in the first place so maybe this will distract them enough to not cause anymore.

Still this is pretty pathetic that government is getting involved here but sadly it doesn't surprise me anymore.

This might be the saddest thing I have ever seen the federal government get involved in. With the major problems we have going on right now in our country, this is what they want to get involved in? Granted many of those problems were caused by government in the first place so maybe this will distract them enough to not cause anymore.

Still this is pretty pathetic that government is getting involved here but sadly it doesn't surprise me anymore.
Not really, the NFL, and other leagues for that matter, have been on the government's radar for years, whether for taxes, non-profit status, and possibly anti-trust exemption. This really isn't a new or surprising development.

Isn’t this what the oversight committee supposed to do? It’s their job. The NFL is a large corporation, just like any other.

Just food for thought. Maybe Gruden's sentiment in his emails are not unique to him? Obviously he's not the only one. The question is are there other emails of coaches/front office officials expressing similar thoughts?

Just food for thought. Maybe Gruden's sentiment in his emails are not unique to him? Obviously he's not the only one. The question is are there other emails of coaches/front office officials expressing similar thoughts?

Maybe. I’m just speculating if I remember correctly there were rumors of Chip Kelly’s racial insensitivity during his run in Philadelphia.
I’m not accusing anyone, I’m just using that as an example.

I would like to add this. Maybe all the dirt is within the WFT and no other franchise is involved.
It would explain how terrible the organization has been run through Snyder’s tenure.

I have to ask this only because Payton has mentioned Gruden as a friend.
Has Sean made a comment?

Normally I’m not a fan of the government intervening in sports, but in this case I’m happy to flip a few of my tax dollars towards getting to the bottom of this. I want to see all the skeletons, I want to see all the details of the league screwing communities over, I want heads to roll.

I'm in the minority here...I guess, I don't really want the NFL hurt as a result, this'll be more of a cutting off our nose to spite our faces type thing.

Congress getting involved? What's the endgame? No Goodell - best case scenario, worst case - uncovered widespread game manipulation and collusion - death of football as we know it. Don't know about you guys, but I'm not ready to take the kids to the zoo every damn sunday, I need professional football.

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif
The Black Sox Scandal of 1919 should've killed baseball, but 100 years later seems to be doing just fine. Maybe not as well as it could/should be, but doing fine. At this point, anything that knocks Goodell off his perch is fine by me. Sometimes you gotta burn the entire cane field to get the snakes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NFL has found no other current personnel that have sent emails with racist, homophobic or misogynistic language like those written by Jon Gruden that led to his resignation as Las Vegas Raiders coach, a person familiar with the documents told <a href="https://twitter.com/AP?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@AP</a>. <a href="https://t.co/N8PfRckPVu">https://t.co/N8PfRckPVu</a></p>&mdash; The Associated Press (@AP) <a href="">October 16, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Isn't this the same NFL who conducted a "thorough" investigation and found that ONLY the NO Saints had an illegal "Bounty" program? And didn't they have "tens of thousands of pages" of evidence? Supposed evidence that wasn't sufficient to support/uphold the suspension of a single Saints player on appeal?

And now the league doesn't have a "written report" available for subpoena, because it was provided orally? Is it just me, or does that sound like a structured defense for a predetermined agenda?

Fine....if all we're referencing is the e-mails, release ALL the e-mails. It's the only way to convince me. I KNOW from 5 decades of life experience that all it takes is ONE fool to make a foolish statement and there is almost always a 2nd fool to chime in, nodding in agreement; often more than 2. I'm willing to bet my entire life's possessions that Gruden wasn't the only one making stupid & offensive racist/misogynistic/homophobic remarks. There's more...reveal them.

However, with that said, I'm also willing to bet that Gruden was the only one who disparaged the Roger; or at least the only one that the Roger could punish through NFL channels. And once again, the Roger got hims feelings hurt by being disrespected, but is trying to appear noble by hiding behind the curtains of racism, homophobia and misogyny. If you want to convince me it's about racism, homophobia & misogyny, show me ALL the racists, homophobes, and misogyinists in the NFL, because if there's one, there's ALWAYS a second; possibly more.

Sorry, but can't take the word of a known and proven liar. SHOW ME.

And now the league doesn't have a "written report" available for subpoena, because it was provided orally? Is it just me, or does that sound like a structured defense for a predetermined agenda?
If you haven't already, you should read this...

If you haven't already, you should read this...
yep, I saw that article too. That was the precise moment I knew this was another "mis-direction" hatchet job by the Roger. We've seen this movie before....he's just gotten better at being manipulative and underhanded about it. He's gotten his arse kicked so many times on appeals, because the underlying documentation doesn't support his individually derived conclusion(s). While most of us would probably conclude that we need more thorough investigation and stronger evidential support in future cases; Roger's conclusion is to eliminate the evidentiary support, thereby obfuscating anyone else's ability to draw a conclusion about the veracity of his conclusions.

Congressional Committee: We'd like to investigate your investigation. Hand over your findings and supporting documentation.
NFL: We'd like to fully cooperate, but there's no written report nor documentation. It was an ORAL report. We're done here, right?

Before this article, I just figured it was another NFL scandal handled in an inept fashion, per usual. Now, I'm fully convinced there's more going on here than presented. If I've learned anything from Roger Goodell's tenure as commish, it's that when Roger points right and says "look over there", I've somehow been conditioned to look left to see what he's trying to conceal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom