Continuity on Offense (1 Viewer)

MarylandSaint

True Believer
Reaction score
Here's my thinking on how we get continuity since Coach Payton is out:

BREES CALLS HIS OWN PLAYS!

Brees knows what Peyton is thinking due to the years they have been together, and he knows how to get it done...he has the Coache's philosophy down!

Don't let the "coaching " changes fool you -- this is Drew's team!

We broke the passing record and ran up hundreds of points with Carmichael calling the plays. I say we stick to that.

jasonj - I don't think I made my point: Peyton is out, Vitt will be out several games,the ONE PERSON that is still in is BREES. That's the continuity factor. Point being, let him call the plays like old school QBs did. He knows the offense like no other.

jasonj - I don't think I made my point: Peyton is out, Vitt will be out several games,the ONE PERSON that is still in is BREES. That's the continuity factor. Point being, let him call the plays like old school QBs did. He knows the offense like no other.
You made your point; I don't think you got his. Carmichael has been with the Saints since Payton and Brees came here. He works closely with Brees all the time, since they were together all the way back to Brees's days in San Diego. After Payton got hurt, Carmichael took over the offensive play calling and Payton never took the responsibility back. Carmichael is not suspended. Having Brees be the primary playcaller is MORE of a change in continuity, not less.

I think they'll do what they always do. The coach calls in a play or two, and Drew can check out of it if it doesn't look right.

No need to put more on Drew. That's asking for problems.

Superlaser pretty much said it but yeah, Brees is not the "one person". Carmichael called the plays from mid-October through the end of the season and did a pretty damn good job at it. If you want continuity, there you have it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom