Contract extensions before the season starts (1 Viewer)

whodatphil

/sarcasm and tacoes
Reaction score
Loomis has been really quiet and we have some big UFA and RFA for next year. Drew, Vaccaro, and Snead all will have huge roles this year. I know Drew is pretty much a nonfactor (although he does carry the signing bonus hit til 2020).. but are you guys concerned with us not locking Kenny up yet? He's the veteran leader of the secondary and will be a UFA. His role is literally everywhere on defense. Should we lock him up before the season or run the risk of him playing out of his mind then testing the market/driving the price up?

Same with Snead. He's the clear WR2 and should break 1000 yards for the 1st time with Cooks gone. With a good season, he'll get interest as a RFA. Wouldn't it be to our advantage to extend him before he sees his biggest production yet?

Any news or updates on the matter? We do have the cap space to make something happen

If Vacarro has a good year and he wants too much come next off season then Loomis could just Franchise tag him.

Snead will be a restricted FA next year so his price won't be large.

If Vacarro has a good year and he wants too much come next off season then Loomis could just Franchise tag him.

Snead will be a restricted FA next year so his price won't be large.

Yeah but not locking up a player or paying them what they're worth can lead to the disgruntled offseason drama. Not saying that's Snead or Kenny's character but that's a big risk.

We at CSC aren't entirely confident KV is on the team next year. People have to remember if he gets suspended again it's for 10 games. Depends on how much money hey wants.

I think the team is waiting to see with Kenny exactly what they have not only in him, but the others around him. If he comes and balls out every game this year and is the man at safety who is able to explode with better lbs in front of him then I do believe they resign him. If he has anything but a stellar season and the other safeties are really playing top notch then I think they move on. Brees completely depends on the season. 3-13 I can see him leaving. 13-3 and into the playoffs he stays.

Snead though I think gets overrated highly. He isn't really gifted in any area except passion and desire. He's not a home run hitter, he's a bit slow to stretch the field, but does do great things underneath. Out of the three I think he is the easiest to walk away from if the money demands get to be too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We at CSC aren't entirely confident KV is on the team next year. People have to remember if he gets suspended again it's for 10 games. Depends on how much money hey wants.

I agree...while I like having KV on the team and I think he is good, he is not great and I would not break the bank to keep him while we have 2 very good young guys ready to take over and some depth at safety

I could easily be wrong, but I'm thinking maybe the front office has to make sure how much they have to work with after Brees' deal. The last thing they would want to do is sign KV and Snead to extensions, then have to get creative to get Brees' deal done. I don't know. It could just be that they want to see how the season goes before re-signing anyone. :idunno:

I agree...while I like having KV on the team and I think he is good, he is not great and I would not break the bank to keep him while we have 2 very good young guys ready to take over and some depth at safety

If we aren't going to break the bank, it might be better to sign him now because I feel like he's gonna have his best year. Last I checked we had about 8 mill in cap space, I'm curious if they use some for contracts or wait and carry everything over. We should be in good shape next yr cap wise regardless

While I agree that KV is very good, not great......just imagine if we had a really good front 7 in front of him? But like Rev said, the possibility of a 2nd suspension is highly concerning

While I agree that KV is very good, not great......just imagine if we had a really good front 7 in front of him? But like Rev said, the possibility of a 2nd suspension is highly concerning

KV's value is his versatility. I wouldn't wanna lose that. He can blitz cover play the run pretty good. I agree his isnt elite but he has range

Far as Snead, he just seems like he deserves his payday. Dude grinds and does the dirty work. Not flashy at all but gets the job done. I like receivers like that, so many of them are crybabies

KV is that piece that can be moved around and his play greatly depends on the guys around him. I don't think he's a great SS. He's more of that hybrid player that every team is coveting right now. He is going to ball with improved secondary, linebacker, and dline play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom