Controversial megachurch pastor Eddie Long dies at 63 (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The cancer he had killed him quickly. Things kinda went quiet after the whole sexual relationships scandal.

(CNN)Bishop Eddie Long, the controversial Georgia-based head of one of the nation's largest megachurches, has died, according to the church he presided over. He was 63.

Long died after a battle with an aggressive form of cancer, according to a statement by the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church.

"Bishop Long was known as one of the most influential faith leaders in the world," the church said in the statement. "He stood strong as a Kingdom Builder, pioneering leader, and revolutionary mind changer."

"Although his transition leaves a void for those of us who loved him dearly, we can celebrate and be happy for him, knowing he's at peace," his wife Vanessa Long said in the statement.
At its peak New Birth Missionary Baptist Church had about 25,000 members.

But Long had a controversial past. In 2010, he and his church settled a lawsuit filed by four young men who accused him of pressuring them into sexual relationships while they were teenagers and members of his congregation.

Bishop Eddie Long, controversial megachurch pastor, dies at 63 - CNN.com

We're not just a bumbling bunch of preachers who can't talk and all we're doing is baptizing babies. I deal with the White House. I deal with Tony Blair. I deal with presidents around this world. I pastor a multimillion-dollar congregation.

You've got to put me on a different scale than the little black preacher sitting over there that's supposed to be just getting by because the people are suffering.

It is important to note that these words are not supported by a single Biblically sound tenent. Bishop Long was not a Godly man, and I question whether he had any true faith in his life.

I'm not reveling in his untimely passing or anything, but I hate how he wasted an opportunity to make a real and substantive change in millions of people's lives, and instead focused his gifts and influence on his own wants and desires.

It is important to note that these words are not supported by a single Biblically sound tenent. Bishop Long was not a Godly man, and I question whether he had any true faith in his life.

I'm not reveling in his untimely passing or anything, but I hate how he wasted an opportunity to make a real and substantive change in millions of people's lives, and instead focused his gifts and influence on his own wants and desires.
Sounds like Creflo Dollar too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom