Controversial music takes (2 Viewers)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Maybe get something off your chest? Maybe end up in a fight?

I'll start.

I like Jane's Addiction. A lot. I can still listen to their albums - they're killer. But "Jane Says" is a lame song. Don't ever need to hear it again.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I won’t try to argue Beatles were best ever, but they’re probably the smart pick for dessert island catalogue
mix of breadth and depth easily beats most everyone else

saintmdterps

I hear music, daylight disc.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
it probably would be better to say you don’t actually know anything about the Beastie Boys
I know enough about them to say I don’t like their music. I never have, I never will. As others say and I agree, music appreciation is purely subjective. I don’t think they belong in the poorly-named Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Great White Buffalo is a much better song than Stranglehold.

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think part of the issue with Rock n Roll is how broad it is. When I think of rock, I think of hard rock and heavy metal. But then there's soft rock and power ballads and the broader pop rock. I think I'd have more interest in a metal hall of fame than the current iteration of the RRHOF. Just a thought.

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band were never more than a decent bar band. Certainly not deserving all of the accolades they have been given.

OP
OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think part of the issue with Rock n Roll is how broad it is. When I think of rock, I think of hard rock and heavy metal. But then there's soft rock and power ballads and the broader pop rock. I think I'd have more interest in a metal hall of fame than the current iteration of the RRHOF. Just a thought.
I was never that into metal (hardly at all really) but I have always liked hard rock . . . I'm sure the line between the two is often blurry. But I definitely used to enjoy Headbangers Ball on MTV. That was just a fun show to watch. So was Yo! MTV Raps.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was never that into metal (hardly at all really) but I have always liked hard rock . . . I'm sure the line between the two is often blurry. But I definitely used to enjoy Headbangers Ball on MTV. That was just a fun show to watch. So was Yo! MTV Raps.
Well, the Headbangers Ball is the sole reason I became a metal fan. :hihi: But yeah, both of those were pretty fun. Good times! FWIW, I've always enjoyed both hard rock and metal. Although I started out more hard rock, but later got into metal. I'm not much of a music snob though. I'll listen to pretty much any genre if I like the sound.

OP
OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the Headbangers Ball is the sole reason I became a metal fan. :hihi: But yeah, both of those were pretty fun. Good times! FWIW, I've always enjoyed both hard rock and metal. Although I started out more hard rock, but later got into metal. I'm not much of a music snob though. I'll listen to pretty much any genre if I like the sound.
Aren't you somewhat hearing impaired? Is it from the metal? :hihi:

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I'm still not sure where you are going.

A song that sucks from a band you like?

But this has always been controversial.

Especially because he never used Holly's last name, which was a killer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom