Controversial music takes (3 Viewers)

The amount of heroin in his body when they found him is not consistent with then having the ability to shoot yourself like they claim he did.

And you’re sure of this information, how?

I like Metallica, but most of their songs sound like a slightly different take of one song.

And you’re sure of this information, how?

Well, mostly just from a thing I saw on Netflix or Prime (don't remember which) so it could be all crap, but it sounded credible. I'm not very invested on what happened either way, but it seemed like a shoddy investigation.

EDIT: Now that I think about it.. was Hillary connected with Nirvana/Cobain at all??

I have learned that I’m a music slut.

I have a pretty wide range and can usually find something redeeming in most music. And I’m always looking for new music. I can certainly say there are certain songs I think are garbage but I have a hard time dismissing some artist or band wholesale.

Except for Coldplay - they’re the music equivalent of Fresca. I do like that backwards video though, it’s cool.

I like the Beatles, but John Lennon is one of the most over-rated persons in popular music history . Not only is he over-rated, he actually believed himself to be better than his contemporaries. The Beatles could have replaced him and kept going. He was the least talented person in the group and thought he was the most talented and nuanced.

On top of that that, he was one of those I think I'm a deep thinker types when really all you're doing is taking a drastically oversimplified approach to very complex subjects. Kanye West before there was Kanye...except damn it, Kanye actually is more talented in his chosen industry.

I like the Beatles, but John Lennon is one of the most over-rated persons in popular music history . Not only is he over-rated, he actually believed himself to be better than his contemporaries. The Beatles could have replaced him and kept going. He was the least talented person in the group and thought he was the most talented and nuanced.

On top of that that, he was one of those I think I'm a deep thinker types when really all you're doing is taking a drastically oversimplified approach to very complex subjects. Kanye West before there was Kanye...except damn it, Kanye actually is more talented in his chosen industry.

I think @Mr. Blue Sky is going to come murder you.

And I endorse his actions.

The Rolling Stones are overrated. And old.

And KISS as well. Old dudes in makeup that can't sing or play anymore.

And when are they gonna just change the 'Rock and Roll' Hall of fame to just the "Music" Hall of fame.
1/2 the artists/groups in there are NOT Rock n Roll......I don't get it.

You’re just trollin’ on a Friday afternoon, right? Right??

I mean, i’m okay with differences of opinion- but if you ever mention John Lennon and Kanye West in the same post again, i might have to do like Chuck said and commit a felony to rectify this wrong.

As far as your, ahem, dubious opinions on Mr. Lennon- i doubt there’s anything i can post that will change your mind.. if you were someone i knew in real life, i might recommend you download the soundtrack album from the Imagine documentary in the 80s.. it has a great cross-section of Lennon’s best work form his Beatles time, as well as solo tracks.. Not sure it’s even available for download, and i lost my CD version probably 20 years ago.. But he didnt just *think* he was a deep thinker; dude was a profound genius who was, as hard as it is to believe , actually UNDERRATED.

Again, not sure if anything i say or post will make you budge from your high horse- if you’re a grown adult and haven’t been able to grasp Lennon’s brilliance already, then I’m afraid that ship may have already sailed for you.

:shrug:

The Rolling Stones are overrated. And old.

And KISS as well. Old dudes in makeup that can't sing or play anymore.

And when are they gonna just change the 'Rock and Roll' Hall of fame to just the "Music" Hall of fame.
1/2 the artists/groups in there are NOT Rock n Roll......I don't get it.

In fairness to KISS, they were never that good at singing and playing.

Yessir! An actual hot take! Well done.

The lyrics of 'Imagine' basically describe life in a gulag.

I'll drop two bombs. I despise Elvis and Led Zeppelin. Not only are both are enormously over-rated, they also stole the vast majority of their music from talented black bluesmen who never got any credit. Both pretended their music was their own when most of it wasn't just "inspired" by those blues riffs, but straight out plagiarized.

Elvis had a decent singing voice, but he was an obnoxious self-absorbed jerk (and, yes, I know a great many rock stars are guilty of that) and just not anywhere near as talented as he thought he was. And he did NOT invent rockabilly despite claims by some of his fans.

As for Zeppelin, Page was a good guitar player, but decidedly not elite like so many people seem to think. I can't stand Robert Plant's scraping voice and Bonham was just another drummer. And, again, a lot of stolen music turned into incredibly BORING songs. I have a list of what I consider the 10 most boring rock songs ever written. Zeppelin has three songs on that list: Dazed and Confused, Kashmir, and Stairway. If I never hear any of them again, it will be too soon.

I'm sure I just ticked off a lot of people, so I hope I have been true to your original intent, superchuck. :ezbill:

EDIT: Just noticed that antipop agrees with me on Zeppelin.
Yup
Elvis hella sucks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom