Controversial music takes (4 Viewers)

Jethro Tull has some great songs but they lose something if you have to look at Ian Anderson while listening.

I just can’t come around to accepting that flute is a rock and roll instrument.

I can look past it on like three songs. If I have to.

It’s all so subjective... i kinda think the RHCP are properly rated; theyre not some great American band, yet i like some of their stuff.. i dont know too many people who think that the RHCP are the greatest thing since peanut butter, but maybe we run in different circles.

As for the Beastie Boys- i gotta disagree with you.. to me, they are one of the greatest acts to come out of the last 20 years of the 1900s.. If for no other reason than the License to Ill album, and the fact that we hadn’t seen anything else remotely like them: a white hip-hop/rap act comprised of three Jews?? I mean, like them or not- at least they were original (not suggesting they didnt rip off black acts that came before them, but everyone in music steals from everyone else.)

Jethro Tull sucks the big one... i dont know enough about Deep Purple to comment intelligently ... But do ya think Joan Jett really belongs in the Hall of Fame? You might have a point with Def Leppard though; I didn’t realize they weren’t already in the Hall.

Again, very subjective... The only thing that’s not subjective, and is empirically true- is that John Lennon was amazing.
All six of the acts I mentioned should have been in before the Beastie Boys. Jethro Tull and Joan Jett were trailblazers in their own right, and the rest have very substantial bodies of work.

Putting the Beastie Boys in on the strength of one album is like putting an nfl player in Canton because he has one monster year.

John Lennon is amazing ?

All six of the acts I mentioned should have been in before the Beastie Boys. Jethro Tull and Joan Jett were trailblazers in their own right, and the rest have very substantial bodies of work.

Putting the Beastie Boys in on the strength of one album is like putting an nfl player in Canton because he has one monster year.

John Lennon is amazing ?

agreed on all points. But then the Rock and Roll hall off game is so subjective that I have never even payed attention to it. There are artists that I would assume are there but I would not bother to look. You like what you like.

John Lennon is amazing ?

John Lennon was a homophobe, anti-semite, and wife beater who espoused a philosophy he didn't actually believe in (or at least made zero effort to actually live up to) and a third grader could poke holes through and gets called a genius by Baby Boomers for it. He is literal garbage.

John Lennon was a homophobe, anti-semite, and wife beater who espoused a philosophy he didn't actually believe in (or at least made zero effort to actually live up to) and a third grader could poke holes through and gets called a genius by Baby Boomers for it. He is literal garbage.

It is impossible to overstate how wrong this post is, almost every single syllable of it... But just as a point of fact, so you know, i am not a Baby Boomer, not even close- i’m in fact a Gen Xer, i often refer to Lennon as a genius, and i’m far from the only one.. i even know some Millenials who feel the same.. His appeal is multigenerational.

And still woefully overrated...

I recognize the Beatles' contributions to music history and pop culture during their days. I think all members (yes, even Ringo) were decent musicians; some better than others. I can appreciate some of their arrangements, when heard on a Muzak system on an elevator, or in a posh, public restroom in a fancy hotel or office building. But hearing a Beatles record or song on the radio makes me cringe as if I were having to endure yet another 3-hour elementary school talent show.

If you (and others) like them that much, then you can have my share of listening time as I just don't care for their performances.

???

And still woefully overrated...

I recognize the Beatles' contributions to music history and pop culture during their days. I think all members (yes, even Ringo) were decent musicians; some better than others. I can appreciate some of their arrangements, when heard on a Muzak system on an elevator, or in a posh, public restroom in a fancy hotel or office building. But hearing a Beatles record or song on the radio makes me cringe as if I were having to endure yet another 3-hour elementary school talent show.

If you (and others) like them that much, then you can have my share of listening time as I just don't care for their performances.

???

where do all these lonely people come from ?

who knows. But I will say this, if it didn’t make all my troubles feel so far away, I wouldn’t believe in yesterday so much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom