Controversial music takes (2 Viewers)

John Lennon was a homophobe, anti-semite, and wife beater who espoused a philosophy he didn't actually believe in (or at least made zero effort to actually live up to) and a third grader could poke holes through and gets called a genius by Baby Boomers for it. He is literal garbage.

Yeah I will agree he was a 60s bad husband. He treated his child like a 60s dad. I get it.

But where does the homophobic stuff come from?

Brian Epstein the bands manager until his death was kinda like gay!

Do you know what else he was? The best man for his first wedding. The godfather of his son.

Infact that the rumors were that John and Epstein were in a sexual relationship went on for years.

Just find it kinda puzzling that he is now labeled as a homophobic when he was also labeled gay?

Putting the Beastie Boys in on the strength of one album is like putting an nfl player in Canton because he has one monster year.

Or one game...ala Joe Namath....dude doesn't belong in the HOF....Never got the appeal of the Beastie Boys myself but to each his own....

They seriously need to change the name of the RR HOF to just Music HOF...

I was listening to the radio (news) on the way home from the gym and they were previewing the Grammys and playing excerpts from the artists songs that were up for awards....It truly saddens me what passes for music these days....it has grown so far away from the instruments it is really tough to take....yes, I'm old....

I won’t try to argue Beatles were best ever, but they’re probably the smart pick for dessert island catalogue
mix of breadth and depth easily beats most everyone else

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom