Controversial music takes (3 Viewers)

I play the Velvets and Lou Reed in the car even if the kids are in it. If they're not old enough, they don't even listen, and if they are, I explain.

"Waiting for the Man" might be one of the best R&R songs ever written. I'm not the huge "Sweet Jane" fanatic that other Velvet/Reed fans are, I do think it's a fine song, but overrated myself.

Agree - I'm a fan.

And I agree about Sweet Jane, it's not up the list of VU songs for me either. But I do enjoy the Cowboy Junkies version.

The Ballad of John and Yoko

.. the list is endless.

but it should not include "The Ballad of John and Yoko".....which was written almost exclusively by McCartney for John and Yoko.

Also, little known fact, Norm: Tommy Smothers was one of the performers in the group for "Give Peace a Chance."

184 posts and not a single Bob Dylan take...

Back when Van Halen was changing lead singers all the time, I thought it would be funny if they chose Bob Dylan as their lead, and called the band, Van Dylan. Even went so far as to imitate Dylan singing Van Halen's Ain't Talking About Love. I found it funny, and still do.

That is my contribution of Bob Dylan to this thread.

Back when Van Halen was changing lead singers all the time, I thought it would be funny if they chose Bob Dylan as their lead, and called the band, Van Dylan. Even went so far as to imitate Dylan singing Van Halen's Ain't Talking About Love. I found it funny, and still do.

That’s controversial as fork!

Audio clip or it didn't happen...

I guess you could say 185 even
Take your shot
I don't really have a shot to take. I just think it's interesting that the most important American artist in the last century hasn't yet been mentioned (one way or another).

^^or would that qualify as controversial?^^

Why not Bob Halen...why not Bob Halen...

Not sure is this is considered controversial but

stevie ray vaughan is the greatest guitar player of all time

I was never that into metal (hardly at all really) but I have always liked hard rock . . . I'm sure the line between the two is often blurry. But I definitely used to enjoy Headbangers Ball on MTV. That was just a fun show to watch. So was Yo! MTV Raps.

I'm kind of the same way, I like melodic music, much of the metal genre doesn't really have that....but their are a few bands that are considered metal that I like....Kings X probably being my favorite....

Not sure is this is considered controversial but

stevie ray vaughan is the greatest guitar player of all time

I actually knew a girl who turned down a ride on that helicopter.

And as far as "the greatest" I suspect that Mr. William Frederick Gibbons would quietly smile about that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom