Converting MOV files to WMV format (1 Viewer)

helofixer

Schlägertruppen
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I took some video with my digital camera and it saves them to MOV format. Id like to email them and I would like to convert them to WMV format. Is there any decent and or free software that can do this? I looked around in my wmv player and didnt see any instructions to do so. Thanks.

windows movie maker should do it if you have a mov codec on your machine. open up windows movie maker, click file then import, select the file. take the file that appears and drag it onto the timeline at the bottom. cut out anything you dont want, then click file save as and then you can select a file size that fits what you need

Diat I tried what you said but it didnt work. I got an error message saying that WMM couldnt import the file and that mov format wasnt supported. Guess I dont have that codec that you are speaking of.

No but I found a freeware program that converted them to avi files, and that got the job done. Thanks for your help Diat.

Im at work right now, so when I get home and on the machine its installed on ill let ya know Marty.

The other thing that would have worked is upgrade to quicktime pro. You can export as any number of things including wmv format.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom