Conwell on IR (2 Viewers)

Read the article. He's a class guy. All class. Even though the rug was pulled out from under him, he still wants to be a leader on the team any way he can. That tells you how much this team, this season, this city means to every one of these players.

Wow. I've had a love/hate relationship with Conwell's playing but this still floors me because he seems to be such an amazing person with a lot of class and character and an important member of this team. I have no doubt he will continue to provide a lot of emotional motivational support!

His first name is Ernie so I hope he gets well soon.

Got to admit, Ernie is a cool name.

Man, I thought we had Conwell back for the stretch run. I know he's not a great tight end and has dropped too many balls, but I was glad to see he had come back from injury because I know from personal experience how hard it is to rehab an injury. Plus, he made some good blocks in the Atlanta game. It's a little odd that he's been placed on IR when he says he didn't actually reinjure himself. Campbell and Miller are not great receivers, but they're both a bit more effective in that regard than Conwell, and I guess the coaching staff figured he was expendable. I wish him well.

Holy Majolly just a whole lot of posts about absoloutely nothing. You have to hear this phrase like 5000 times a day in the Bible belt. "Oh well bless his soul, I hope he gets better. He's such a good christian man"

Really, do you give the blue haired old ladies a tough time when you over-hear them in the supermarket? :dunno:

It's not an exclusive statement. Why would you even assume it was? Did you really think David Robbins was chosing this moment to express his secret hatred for all other religions through an ambiguous statement of support?

It's a throw away line. Robbins real intent was, very obviously, to say "I like Conwell, I hope he gets better". That he likes him because he's a christian, so the heck what? It's not an indictment on anyone (except maybe those who couldn't figure that out).

Jeez

Its always nice to see a poster use solid logic in his/her reasoning. I couldnt agree more.

You're obviously gonna rub somebody the wrong way these days by writing "He's a christian, so i feel for him." And not backing it up after that. I, being raised a christian, can still understand how it could be interpreted many ways, some being offensive. I do think it's close minded and cult like to only wish well being for people of your own religious denomination. I was closed minded and prejudiced as a kid, going to catholic school for 18 years, but the older i get the more i realize it's not about what religion you are, rather it's more about being a good, fun loving, generous person, who brings happiness and adds positivity to the world, as does Ernie. Thus, I feel for him too.

ok so we draft TE in the second round. one with great hands, and we go to on third down. Good luck Ernie.

God Bless

better not say that less someone think you are trying to say that only God can bless you...

[yes, throwing fuel on the fire]

saying Christian is like saying "he is Samoan.....therefore" when you (the poster) is Samoan.

lets get past this please...oh wait this thread was dying on its on, sorry...

Last edited:
Man, I thought he was OK. Wasn't he in the famous locker room video after the beatdown we delivered to the Falcons Sunday? Now IR? I hope the dude gets well soon. I could actually see Ernie in an administrative role with the organization. Seriously.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom