Cook may have accidentally revealed MT’s status in a local interview. (Not playing). (1 Viewer)

Wasn't it pretty understood he wasn't playing this week? A high ankle sprain is nothing to mess with.
Yeah, I think the Raiders knew full well that Thomas wasn't playing and have not spent a second preparing specifically for him.

He said “Next man
Everyone has been saying “Next man up”. Did he say it any differently, to where it’s more telling or something?
“he said next man up”, but he had an odd inflection on the “man” part. He also blinked twice after he said it.

Just watched the interview. He did say MT isn’t playing twice. But when he was naming other receiving options, he said “LJ”. Who the heck is “LJ”?

Little Jared. He was talking about himself in third person, like The Rock used to do in the WWF.

I’ll believe #13 isn’t playing when I see him in street clothes on the sideline.. during the game.

Otherwise, that dude is doing everything he can to suit up and play

My guess is, he convinces the Saints to keep him active, he suits up, and then he decoys for 95% of his snaps va the Raiders and helps other guys get the best matchups.
If they start to sleep on him as a decoy, he’ll grab a 1st down and keep them honest.. finish with like 3-4 catches and 20 yards.

As a coach why would you even risk worsening his injury? We should be able to beat the raiders without him.

Why was there anyone thinking he was actually going to play?

Why was there anyone thinking he was actually going to play?
No clue. I think it has to do with some people thinking he might just be the best WR in the NFL and happens to be a must, in order for the Saints to win? Just a guess. 😉 I mean if you have to ask that question, it deserves an answer.

But for me, the Saints are deep enough to win without him. And even let’s say, he would have played, how effective would he have been?

High ankle sprains, are no joke!

I have never believed he was going to play and I think they are just trying to give the Raiders more to prepare for. Having said that, I don’t know that it puts us at much of a disadvantage having them know he isn’t playing. Chuckle knows very well that he can’t prepare for everything Payton may throw out. I’m thinking of things like Mike Karney scoring three TDs vs Dallas. There just isn’t any rest when you prep for a SP offense. We shall see

CGM isn't playing against the Radiers or the Packers. Let's just accept that as fans and move on

No clue. I think it has to do with some people thinking he might just be the best WR in the NFL and happens to be a must, in order for the Saints to win? Just a guess. 😉 I mean if you have to ask that question, it deserves an answer.

......ok.

But my question was why were they thinking he was GOING to play? Not why they WANTED him to play.

All we've heard is how he's going to be out multiple weeks......not sure why anyone would assume that he's not even going to miss one game.

CGM isn't playing against the Radiers or the Packers. Let's just accept that as fans and move on
I can see him sitting out against the raiders and then trying to come back for GB, even if as an occasional decoy. Remember how important that #1 seed is and only 1 team per conference gets it this year. Gotta beat GB for tiebreaker purposes.

I think SP is doing what he always does, playing the smokescreen game. I would be surprised if MT played...but I won't be surprised if DH gets a few more touches against the Raiduhs.....

I can see him sitting out against the raiders and then trying to come back for GB, even if as an occasional decoy. Remember how important that #1 seed is and only 1 team per conference gets it this year. Gotta beat GB for tiebreaker purposes.

Still trying to decide how I feel about the new format. The Saints (2006 aside) seem to end up 1 or 3 in the seasons where they win the division...... So now that the 2 seed isnt quite as meaningful as before, anything but a 1 seed would just be business as usual for them.

MT is as tough as they come, remember last year in garbage time when it looked like he hurt his back. Played through the pain. That being said, I don't want another Kamara incident.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom