Cook Political Report: Obama beats McCain by 9 points nationwide head-to-head . . . (1 Viewer)

General election polls during Primary Season are irrelevant. And I said this back when McCain was polling significantly better.

General election polls during Primary Season are irrelevant. And I said this back when McCain was polling significantly better.

Yep. Dukakis was going to beat Bush by like 20 points right?

Irrelevant thanks to the Electoral College. And I would say the same if McCain was ahead of Obama by 9%.

This election is going to mirror 2000 and 2004.

McCain will win in the Rocky Mountain States, Alaska, and the South.

Obama (assuming he gets the nomination) will win in the Great Lakes, New England, Hawaii, and on the Pacific Coast.

The wild cards will be Florida, Ohio, Missouri, and possibly Iowa and New Mexico.

I expect the winner to have less than 280 electoral votes again.

I don't think it's irrelevant. It might not be the best indicator of what will happen but it's not insignificant to know that if the election were today and it was Obama/McCain or Clinton/McCain then this is what will likely happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom