Cooking Boudin (1 Viewer)

If you have a rice cooker just stick it in there with a little water on the bottom and it will heat to just the right temperature. A lot of the convenience stores that sell the links keep it hot for the day using this method.

Wrap the link in a wet paper towel. Microwave 90 seconds. Eat.

The best place in Lafayette hands down is Earl's. It looks like they put it in a giant rice cooker and steam theirs for 10 to 15 min. Couldn't be better...think I'm going pick some up for breakfast after reading all this...

I've always put it in a casserole-type dish with a tiny bit of water in the bottom and baked it. It gets nice and crispy but doesn't dry out, burn, or stick.

The best place in Lafayette hands down is Earl's. Where is Earls I always go to Don's in Scott.

If you have a rice cooker just stick it in there with a little water on the bottom and it will heat to just the right temperature. A lot of the convenience stores that sell the links keep it hot for the day using this method.

And this is also the preferred method for every restaurant in this (Lafayette) area...:9: And Earl's on Verot? Mais, dats abowt 1 mile down Verot frum me, cher! Dey gots sum good boodoin, yeah..

I like it indirect grilled (i.e. smoked at a relatively high temp: 350-400F), but I mostly just boil it. Back in the bachelor days, I would just do the wet paper towel + microwave thing to heat it up.

I prefer to steam it, then cut if open and empty the casing. Then roll-up the boudin goodness into about golfball sized pieces, dip it in egg-wash(not on your face), then in Italian breadcrumbs and fry it.

This sounds quite good.

I usually brown some onions and garlic in an iron skillet, then add the boudin and pour a little beer over everything. Very tasty.

I will be trying this.

Steam is a rice cooker wrapped in foil or smoke it wrapped in foil.

Easiest way is to microwave it and it eat direct from there as some game watching food.

The best place in Lafayette hands down is Earl's. Where is Earls I always go to Don's in Scott.

Earl's Grocery on Verot School Rd. Not far from the Pinhook/Verot intersection. Some of the best sausage in town too. BBQ sausage is deadly. If you like your boudin spicy, this is the place.

Grill it lightly basted with olive oil. The trick is to do it with a pretty hot grill and you have to use one of those "small-holed" grill pans that you can lay on top of the actual grill (the kind used to grill flaky fish).

You have kids to please, so consider making boudin balls. I haven't met a kid yet that didn't like them.

Cut links into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces, roll in flour, then egg wash, then seasoned breadcrumbs, and deep fry until brown. Serve with some Ranch dressing on the side for dipping. You can experiment with dips but Ranch seems to be the favorite here, followed by cocktail sauce or warmed cream cheese vegetable spread.

????

Ranch on boudin?

No matter if it's fried/baked/boiled or whatever, any type of "dipping sauce" on boudin is just wrong.:jpshakehead: You should just eat them as is because it's not chicken nuggets.

Or you could go county fair on it. Put a stick in it, dip it in beer batter, deep fry it, pour chili and cheeze whiz on it.

Well, I guess I'm on my way to the market and greater fatness. Thanks, Ra.

Ranch on boudin ain't right! Crackers with boudin...first time I heard that too.:)

I just put it in a rice pot with about an inch of water and steam it until the skin pops right back up after you press on it. It's ready if that happens.

Please tell me that you purchased your boudin from Don's, Vince. If not, where did you get it?

BTW, if anyone has Kevin from Buffalo's address, could you please PM it to me? He sent my Dad some great pizza a couple times and I'd like to hook him up.

Last edited:
BTW, if anyone has Kevin from Buffalo's address, could you please PM it to me? He sent my Dad some great pizza a couple times and I'd like to hook him up.

I am just across the river from Buffalo.

I'd be more than happy to ferry your boudin to him. Just send it to me and I promise it will make it to him :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom