cooking question (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
alright so i crock potted my red beans (don't flame - it's all i had time to do)
anyway i scoop my beans and have all this left over redbean water - i was about to throw it out and thought,. "i bet there's something i could do with this"
so the question is, "is there anything i can do with it...um...cooking-wise?"

You separated the beans from the juice? That's gonna be some pretty dry beans.

I do my beans in the crockpot all the time... and get a nice bean gravy each and every time...

But I put them on the night before and let them cook all night and all morning long... For example... I'll put them on at 5 pm and they are ready and thick the next day at noon.

Joe

There is absolutely nothing you can do with that water, nothing. You already messed over some beans with it, don't ruin anything else with it.

You could always take the lid off of the "I really cant cook" pot and let it reduce couldn't you?

I hate to flame on crock pots but I really have never had anything really worthwhile out of one. I know a lot of people have them and like em but I just haven't had a good meal from one.

I soak my beans first then throw out that water and start with fresh before I cook em. Less farts that way.

I do my beans in the crockpot all the time... and get a nice bean gravy each and every time...

But I put them on the night before and let them cook all night and all morning long... For example... I'll put them on at 5 pm and they are ready and thick the next day at noon.

Joe
I wished I could do that, but I just can't go to sleep with one of those things turned on. I've had two toaster ovens and a regular toaster catch on fire. I just don't trust kitchen appliances to always function as they're supposed to.

guido, put the juice back in the beans.

just the excess water - like i said it was crock-potted so it didn't cook down like it does on the stove

Put the water back in and keep cooking with the lid removed while you smash some of the beans. Add tabasco and enjoy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom