Cooks explains the reason for his outburst "Closed mouths don't get fed" (1 Viewer)

And that makes him a "premadonna"? (whatever that is.)

I think that means Blondie, Lita Ford, Cherie Curry and Joan Jett. Maybe Olivia Newton-John as well.

Make sure to avoid giving Cooks jerseys as gifts to friends and family during Christmas.

We just bought my youngest son a Cooks jersey for Christmas. :covri:

Contract time he will think he is better then he really is. Good player but has some limitations. I love confidence. When your upset of your role when your team mates puts up that many points. That concerns me. He would rather the ball be thrown to him in double coverage then the advantageous match up so he can get his numbers. He spinning it. But it's a pure me before the team attitude. Nothing wrong with his work ethic. But his attitude would concern me.
He may say it's not him being selfish but what I read was him being kinda selfish..His clearing out routes opened up the game for us. That helped the team. I don't think throwing into double coverage so he can get his would have helped at all.

Outside of Michael Thomas of late every receiver on this team has had games here they haven't seen much action, it's the way our offense works. Brees throws to whoever is open regardless of who you are.

Cooks will have his games. He doesn't need to complain about it when he doesn't.

I tend to think that 2 years of game tape can tell you who a player is and what he's capable of. Why continue throwing him balls that he doesn't routinely make plays on in hopes of that he'll become more consistent at it when there are other players that already are more consistent at it.

Now you are taking away opportunities that other players would make to "test out theory" that he's improved.

When Josh Norman intercepted the ball in the endzone, final play, last year, the jump ball was thrown to Cooks. Link to the play below if anybody needs a reminder. This is what happens on 50/50 balls. That play against the Broncos wasn't a 50/50 ball it was thrown over the head of one CB that couldn't see and a safety coming from an angle that gave Cooks 1st dibs at the ball. This is what happens when the defender can see the ball same time as cooks and make a play on it.

https://youtu.be/TvomFmTghMg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SuRH7RxcRw

Fast forward to the 11minute mark to see the catch he made against the Broncos. He had much better position than Roby and is also roughly the same height and the ball was over the Safety's head who had no visual. The more difficult catch? The one Norman came down with. No sleight, just being realistic. He's got limitations.

But we know that right...he's 5'9 - 5'10 and there is only 1 Steve Smith. Would have been a + if he was that type of receiver but he's not and that's not unexpected. What is unexpected is that he can't make defenders miss in the open field, and goes down very quickly. So if you cant use him on underneath routes/Screens a lot, and you can't throw jump balls to him routinely, and you can't play him on ST's to get him touches in the return game, and you can't use him on jet sweeps because of lack of vision then guess what? You get used as a deep threat that gets the ball thrown to him in favorable matchups. Rams game didn't provided favorable matchups...he's gotta live with it.
Great analysis.

I think that means Blondie, Lita Ford, Cherie Curry and Joan Jett. Maybe Olivia Newton-John as well.

We just bought my youngest son a Cooks jersey for Christmas. :covri:

:covri:

Hopefully this is just a young player not being smart, and he and Payton work it out.

I don't think its a big deal either, but its funny how so many people on SR were trying to pretend that his comments were about something else.
I found that funny too. It was obvious from the get go what he was complaining about.

I don't think it will be a big deal either but I don't see Payton changing game plans to make ONE guy happy.

Having said that, this game against the Lions should be a game he'll be a factor. The Lions D is nothing like the Rams D.

If you want to justify his public grievances, just consider 2 points -

One - Keenan Lewis complained and the FO promptly loaded his plate. He earned none of that additional money on the field, and after battling injuries was unceremoniously dumped, and has since failed to land on another roster. The Saints should have never rewarded a player in such a reactionary way. It's poor precedent.

Two - If we're really being honest, look at this situation through the prism of the winningest coach in the modern NFL, Belichick. How much tolerance do you think he would have for an outburst from a player like Cooks, especially given the 550 yard of total O that were manufactured preceding the complaint? In my opinion, your answer to that question puts you in one of two camps - One that is completely satisfied with a slew of sub .500 seasons with a first ballot HoF, potentially GOAT QB, the other which settles for nothing less than competing for a championship year in and year out, regardless of how cut throat you have to be, and acknowledging that your current wealth at the QB position can work with a myriad of wideouts, regardless of draft position.

Long story short - Cooks is being selfish. Mental note, too: If you are an NFL wideout and you have to verbally insist that you are not being selfish, you're probably being selfish.

You might want to learn the definition of "either".

Now its my turn to ask... "what are you talking about?"

You called me out and I showed how totally incorrect you were, now you are taking issue with my usage of the word "either'

ei·ther
ˈēT͟Hər,ˈīT͟Hər/Submit

1. used before the first of two (or occasionally more) alternatives that are being specified (the other being introduced by “or”).
seriously, wut

Antonio Brown ain't too shabby.

Even Brown isn't the vertical 50/50 threat that Steve Smith was. There are plays Smith made against us ingrained in my mind of him taking a jump ball with the guy in good/perfect position, securing the catch, then shrugging off a tackle and then going into the endzone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom