Cooks says he'll continue TD celebration (1 Viewer)

There will never be another Ickey Shuffle
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/z3uqPjcdAc7pm" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/shuffle-ickey-z3uqPjcdAc7pm">via GIPHY</a></p>

Glad I could kick start this thread :)

I don't get to high step down the hall at work every time I solve a problem, nor would I be permitted to protest a la Kap, but it is what it is, my opinion.

I don't get to high step down the hall at work every time I solve a problem, nor would I be permitted to protest a la Kap, but it is what it is, my opinion.

And I'm sure you don't work in front of hundreds of thousands of people for a conglomerate who's sole existence is based on entertaining those masses. Even still, a high step down the hall every now and again after solving a problem might loosen you up a little.

From lower down in the article...

Cooks said he doesn't want the touchdown celebration to become anything to penalize the team during a gameday. But he added, "Well there are different forms of doing it. You just can't shoot (the arrow). I'm still going to pull it out. Whatever happens after that happens. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my team, but I'll figure something out."

Spiking the ball will soon be outlawed. The ricochet is too unexpected and might deflect into someone's groin. Damaging reproductive organs and leading to the extinction of the human race.

It's inevitable. Goodell must protect us from this menace.

Does Victor Cruz ever get flagged and fined for his dances? What about the Lambeau Leap in Green Bay? Goodell picks and chooses.

My guess is.........and understand this is just my opinion of what the NFL's mindset likely is re: the bow-and-arrow, and not any type of support/understanding of it..........with all the weapon-related crime that's been happening, they probably don't want players emulating usage of such. Yes, that's probably stupid since bows and arrows haven't been the culprit, but they're probably wanting to cover all bases.

Whereas a Lambeau Leap or a Salsa dance doesn't really fall into that celebration category.

Has anyone suggested the bow and arrow celebration Norman gave was considered "offensive" by the NFL, given the controversy over the team name? Because I think that had more to do with the penalty than did anything else.

Spiking the ball will soon be outlawed. The ricochet is too unexpected and might deflect into someone's groin. Damaging reproductive organs and leading to the extinction of the human race.

It's inevitable. Goodell must protect us from this menace.

They're eventually going after everything they deem aggressive.

Then they will go after "microaggression".

How could they justify banning the spike? What if the spiker imagined the pigskin ball to be a lethal, menacing brick? Argh! More dangerous than the arrow! :jpshakehead:

Maybe he should celebrate during the National Anthem if he doesn't want any trouble with the league.

I am now gonna start that at my office. Every time i get a tax refund for someone, i will high step back to my desk.

Dude i want to be entertained. While there is TONs of respect like Barry or Colston and even Deuce.

I want players talking trash and making me laugh. Afterall, they cant hit each other anymore.

It is sad when the best part of a football game is Ice T at a lemonade stand!

My problem with all these celebrations is there are too many of them. Now every time a player makes a play their getting highly paid for, they act like they just saved the win for the Super Bowl.

You need to find a new job.

katie-nolan-tanktop3.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom