Cooks says he'll continue TD celebration (1 Viewer)

It is sad when the best part of a football game is Ice T at a lemonade stand!

For the love of Christ, LEMONADE!

I think people should start calling him Lemonade because of that commercial.

Remember that player for the Giants on MNF scored & stuck his hand out and grabbed his crotch with the other hand? No penalty, no flags.

NFL has no consistency ... at all.

This would never have been considered taboo either if it were not for Josh Norman doing it. The NFL clearly has an agenda when it creates these ridiculous "rule violations"

I respect his opinion, but I think all celebrations are trashy, consider me in the Barry Sanders school of celebrations.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Missed this from yesterday, Hawkins shows everyone how the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a> wants players to celebrate post-TD, <a href="https://twitter.com/TheJustinSports">@TheJustinSports</a> <a href="https://t.co/Hg0iCCPKqQ">pic.twitter.com/Hg0iCCPKqQ</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/785526754031071232">October 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No fun league. Boring. Emotionless.

It's a damn sport for crying out loud. Leave that level of "professionalism" for TPS report meetings.

If the guy was like a Jordy Nelson and scoring a TD every week, mayyyyyybe I could see him having to address it.

But the last time he was able to emulate a bow shot was against the Raiders in week 1, and that was a loss.

I respect his opinion, but I think all celebrations are trashy, consider me in the Barry Sanders school of celebrations.

It's guys playing a silly children's game. I do not and never have understood all this "quiet dignity" stuff about sports.

That Ice-t commercial is money. I think Josh Norman was pointing at someone when he did it. I could be wrong though not sure.

That Ice-t commercial is money. I think Josh Norman was pointing at someone when he did it. I could be wrong though not sure.

It was a taunting penalty so he had to be.

bowarrow.0.gif

I really don't see him pointing in anyone's direction.

Maybe the refs are just protecting celebration infringement because they know that's Cook's celebration.

But Seriously...

I remember one game where Cooks and Ingram got a TD. Cooks did the bow and arrow and no flag. Ingram got a flag for it. I laughed.

What if he pretends to shoot the "arrow" in the air? Is shooting it straight more aggressive than shooting it at an angle? Are we really debating this topic right now?

I'm sort of in the Sanders/Deuce/Colston/MThomas camp.

BUT,,, I do like Cooks' bow and arrow celebration. I also liked Lance's "first down" signal. Neither are "look at me" type celebrations.

In fact, I think the bow and arrow thing is Biblical in origin, but I may be wrong.

Does Victor Cruz ever get flagged and fined for his dances? What about the Lambeau Leap in Green Bay? Goodell picks and chooses.

Trashy? You think all celebrations are trashy? Wow. That's hardcore. What about a spike? You think that's trashy? When Drew Brees dunked in the Miami game in '09, you thought that was trashy? I thought it was awesome. I respect guys like Sanders and Colston who always kept it classy but if every player was like that the game would be pretty bland.

One of the things that made the NFL so much fun to watch was all of the characters you'd get to see. I couldn't stand Deion Sanders but he was entertaining to watch. Same with T.O., Chad Johnson, Michael Irvin, etc. Joe Horn was a lot fun to watch even though he took it too far with the cell phone deal.

It didn't bother me but I can understand the NFL trying to eliminate the elaborate, choreographed celebrations. I can see why they don't want players doing multiple pelvic thrusts in the endzone. But a guy pretending to shoot a bow and arrow after a TD? Or even a guy dunking over the goal posts? Come on now. Don't take all of the fun out of the game.

And isn't that what it's all about, fun? The players are playing a game and it doesn't bother me at all if they have some fun while they do it. The things the NFL worries about defy belief sometimes. Over the past few decades they have cracked down on uniform violations, celebrations, and trivial things like you can't wear a dark visor unless you have a Dr's note. Lol, why does the NFL care if guys want to wear a dark visor? Who cares? What does it hurt? Maybe they should've been more concerned with big picture issues like concussions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom