Cooks touchdown celebration in dome (1 Viewer)

St4ever

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the scoreboard after cooks touchdown. I know you would not of seen it on tv but after his touchdown he did not do the archery celebration he normally does due to others getting fined or penalized for it.

Well they had him on the large scoreboard shooting his arrow no when he shot it their video showed a real arrow blasting through some targets. Really good computer generated video!

That is SO COOL!!!!!

So that's what he was talking about last week.

He actually did a tribute to it, as he "reached to get an arrow out of the sleeve on his back".....took a knee, and extended both hands upward, presumably to the scoreboard graphics.

So cool.

From what I've heard...and I haven't seen proof...Cooks did his "bow and arrow" celebration but didn't "shoot" it at the end.

Cool, so the video board shot the arrow for him and no they did not show that on TV.

These were really awesome graphics. Cooks did not shoot his bow on the field. Like another person stated he knelt down reached back for the arrow then raise both hands in the air like he was thanking the good lord but that could of also been him pointing to the video board. I will try to record it next time to share with everyone.

Cool, so the video board shot the arrow for him and no they did not show that on TV.

That was the best touchdown celebration I had ever seen. It's great that the dome people worked with him on it.

It was sweet. And it used up the entire video board.

Now we wait to see how the league office will respond to this celebration trick play. Something to the effect of "Video boards are considered an extension of the players on the field. Disallowed celebrations per the league rules are not acceptable and are subject to a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty, a $15K fine and a 30-day video board probation period. If the violation occurs in the Mercedes Benz Superdome during a Saints game, a first round draft choice will be forfeited by the home team. NO SOUP FOR YOU!...NEXT!"

this is cool.. wish I had seen the video board. I saw him start to pull out the arrow, then how he altered it up at the end to not "shoot" but that would have been awesome to have seen the video board. Very cool.

Dome PA should encourage every single Saints fan there to do the "bow & arrow salute" after every Cooks TD.

The timing of the video operator with Cooks was perfect. And it was completely unexpected. Cooks was on the big screen and the arrow came from the flanking screens. Crowd went berserk.

Dome PA should encourage every single Saints fan there to do the "bow & arrow salute" after every Cooks TD.

And sync the request with a large graphic of Goodell on the screen with a target painted on him. :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom