Cooks Trade Talk ( MERGED ) (1 Viewer)

Scotlandsaint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saints WR Brandin Cooks is the object of trade talks with the Titans and Eagles identified as two interested suitors, per league sources.</p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/837322121105784833">March 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Meh. They'd better be coming with an offer of a starter and an early round pick if they want to be taken seriously.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Cooks is our speed guy so hopefully we have someone to replace him. Keep Snead and find a suitable replacement and I am ok with this.

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Maybe Cooks to Tenn and swap first rounders as part of the deal?

Would allow us to draft a pass rusher at that spot. Love Cooks, but with Thomas the clear number-1 of the future and pass rushers getting $$$ through the roof, it could make sense value wise.

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Honestly I think it would take a high first rounder or a first and a player/mid round pick to pry him away. Dynamic and still incredibly young with room to grow.

SWJJ

Stop Resisting!
Reaction score
Time for Thomas to become a true number 1.

This is the result of Cook's complaining about number of looks he gets IMHO.

Usmfan84

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So far I've been okay with all our moves.

Letting Fairley hit FA? Sure.
Cutting Byrd? Yep. A good move.

But trading away a young 1000 yard reciever? Nope. It would have to be good compensation.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

44slayer

Black and Gold
Reaction score
I think trading Cooks is a bad idea. But maybe they are trying to move up to 5 to draft Fournette. You either pick Fournette or figure out how to stop him twice a year with the Panthers. No one wants to talk about it but this would open up Ingram to the trade market to add pieces to the defense. Im not a fan of this, at all. Maybe they are trying to send a message to Cooks to think about the team first. Who knows.

albionmoonlight

Can. Shall. Will.
Reaction score
In general, you don't trade away talented young players.

The only thing that we don't know is if the team might see him as an attitude problem down the line.

I think that the whole "he was complaining when he didn't get enough targets" thing last year was silly. But, maybe it's a symptom of something deeper.

If he's traded, that's what I'm telling myself.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cooks is our speed guy so hopefully we have someone to replace him. Keep Snead and find a suitable replacement and I am ok with this.
Kenny Stills is available...

I would love to keep Cooks for a while, but this is a player who I would be willing to let go when time of the second contract arrives. He will command a big salary and I rather pay Michael Thomas then him.

At least we will get a 3rd round for him as a compensatory pick. If we can get a first for him this year, I will be more then happy to let him go.

There is a great group of receivers available on this year's draft.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
If you constantly have players being traded or cut over "something deeper," that's a coaching issue at this point. Other teams don't do that.

It's no longer a good excuse to me.

kjb051

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Love Cooks but he's a speed fly route only WR. Could be replaced later in draft.

Usmfan84

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think trading Cooks is a bad idea. But maybe they are trying to move up to 5 to draft Fournette. You either pick Fournette or figure out how to stop him twice a year with the Panthers. No one wants to talk about it but this would open up Ingram to the trade market to add pieces to the defense. Im not a fan of this, at all. Maybe they are trying to send a message to Cooks to think about the team first. Who knows.
Why on earth would we move up that high to pick a player don't need? We have so much other stuff we need.

You don't lose value and players and picks just to stop another team from drafting him.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)