Cooks Trade Talk ( MERGED ) (2 Viewers)

I think trading Cooks is a bad idea. But maybe they are trying to move up to 5 to draft Fournette. You either pick Fournette or figure out how to stop him twice a year with the Panthers. No one wants to talk about it but this would open up Ingram to the trade market to add pieces to the defense. Im not a fan of this, at all. Maybe they are trying to send a message to Cooks to think about the team first. Who knows.
Why on earth would we move up that high to pick a player don't need? We have so much other stuff we need.

You don't lose value and players and picks just to stop another team from drafting him.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

do-not-want084.gif

These talks better involve a first round pick or trade moving us from 11 to 5 or giving us a first round pick straight up. A move from 44 to 15 is also an option.

If so, I am down with it, but if you do, you may want to sign a guy like Patterson as reinforcement and I'd also say that finding a satellite back probably becomes a bigger need.

Letting him go affects adversely the team in 2017. If we have a young receiver ready to take his place, perhaps. But our receiving corps without Cooks is two-deep.

The question is what did happen behind the scenes. Was the outburst a one-time event or has the player become a bit of a malcontent?

Updated:

Attachments

• Capture d’e?cran 2017-03-02 a? 10.38.08.png
    Capture d’e?cran 2017-03-02 a? 10.38.08.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 71
Kenny Stills is available...

I would love to keep Cooks for a while, but this is a player who I would be willing to let go when time of the second contract arrives. He will command a big salary and I rather pay Michael Thomas then him.

At least we will get a 3rd round for him as a compensatory pick. If we can get a first for him this year, I will be more then happy to let him go.

There is a great group of receivers available on this year's draft.

Kenny Stills is also on vacation with KV, Cam, Ingram, Sterling Moore, BW Webb, and Vonn Bell. I know it doesn't mean anything, but just an interesting tidbit :scratch:

I had a feeling this may happen. Now would be the time for the Saints to float his name out there and see who bites. We'll see who has the best deal.

I read earlier that the Titans are interested in moving their #5 pick also. Maybe a scenario of: Titans get cooks and our 3rd (or 2nd). We get their #5?

And up we go:

Attachments

• Capture d’e?cran 2017-03-02 a? 10.42.36.png
    Capture d’e?cran 2017-03-02 a? 10.42.36.png
    50 KB · Views: 72
Kenny Stills is also on vacation with KV, Cam, Ingram, Sterling Moore, BW Webb, and Vonn Bell. I know it doesn't mean anything, but just an interesting tidbit :scratch:

If we trade Cooks, who's still on his rookie deal and is a much better player than Stills, in order to pay twice as much to sign Kenny Stills, we are absolutely idiotic in the FO.

Trade Cooks for a mid-first, sign Patterson, draft McCaffrey or another satellite back, and keep rolling.

I'm guessing they're making this move now because they're thinking they may not be able to sign him later, since Michael Thomas will be our clear-cut #1.

These talks better involve a first round pick or trade moving us from 11 to 5 or giving us a first round pick straight up. A move from 44 to 15 is also an option.

If so, I am down with it, but if you do, you may want to sign a guy like Patterson as reinforcement and I'd also say that finding a satellite back probably becomes a bigger need.

We would be getting screwed if we gave them cooks just to move up 6 spots. Any trade would have to involve their 5th and us giving back a lower round pick to make it worthwhile.

Dumb move but whatever.

Why do you feel it's a dumb move?

Cooks is a young ascending talent with a ton of value. You don't trade away your best players I get that but with the way this offense runs I think the Saints are relegating Cooks to the speed guy most of the time anyway. With so many needs on defense and a potentially elite WR developing in Thomas I can see why they would shop him. I think it comes down to who you would rather pay, Cooks or Thomas?

If the Titans give up their #5 you definitely consider it. If they throw in additional compensation like a mid rounder or a good player you almost have to take it. Let's face it, Saints aren't paying Cooks and Thomas big contracts in this offense so one has to go while you can still get value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom