Cooks Trade Talk ( MERGED ) (1 Viewer)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saints WR Brandin Cooks is the object of trade talks with the Titans and Eagles identified as two interested suitors, per league sources.</p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/837322121105784833">March 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Meh. They'd better be coming with an offer of a starter and an early round pick if they want to be taken seriously.

Cooks is our speed guy so hopefully we have someone to replace him. Keep Snead and find a suitable replacement and I am ok with this.

Maybe Cooks to Tenn and swap first rounders as part of the deal?

Would allow us to draft a pass rusher at that spot. Love Cooks, but with Thomas the clear number-1 of the future and pass rushers getting $$$ through the roof, it could make sense value wise.

Honestly I think it would take a high first rounder or a first and a player/mid round pick to pry him away. Dynamic and still incredibly young with room to grow.

Time for Thomas to become a true number 1.

This is the result of Cook's complaining about number of looks he gets IMHO.

So far I've been okay with all our moves.

Letting Fairley hit FA? Sure.
Cutting Byrd? Yep. A good move.

But trading away a young 1000 yard reciever? Nope. It would have to be good compensation.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I think trading Cooks is a bad idea. But maybe they are trying to move up to 5 to draft Fournette. You either pick Fournette or figure out how to stop him twice a year with the Panthers. No one wants to talk about it but this would open up Ingram to the trade market to add pieces to the defense. Im not a fan of this, at all. Maybe they are trying to send a message to Cooks to think about the team first. Who knows.

In general, you don't trade away talented young players.

The only thing that we don't know is if the team might see him as an attitude problem down the line.

I think that the whole "he was complaining when he didn't get enough targets" thing last year was silly. But, maybe it's a symptom of something deeper.

If he's traded, that's what I'm telling myself.

Cooks is our speed guy so hopefully we have someone to replace him. Keep Snead and find a suitable replacement and I am ok with this.

Kenny Stills is available...

I would love to keep Cooks for a while, but this is a player who I would be willing to let go when time of the second contract arrives. He will command a big salary and I rather pay Michael Thomas then him.

At least we will get a 3rd round for him as a compensatory pick. If we can get a first for him this year, I will be more then happy to let him go.

There is a great group of receivers available on this year's draft.

If you constantly have players being traded or cut over "something deeper," that's a coaching issue at this point. Other teams don't do that.

It's no longer a good excuse to me.

Love Cooks but he's a speed fly route only WR. Could be replaced later in draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom