Cooks (2 Viewers)

They rolled all their coverage to his side which is what we did to Julio.

That's why everyone and their brother was open on our offense besides Cooks.
IF we had a defense we would be blowing teams out right now.

When we traded up to get him, I thought, "I'd much rather have Jarvis Landry".

When we traded up to get him, I thought, "I'd much rather have Jarvis Landry".

We already have Jarvis Landry. His name is Willie Snead.

Cooks fits us much better and he's just as good with the potential to be better.

Brown is not "on" in every game either. He had four catches for under forty yards on eleven targets against the Bengals. It happens to the best of them.

I have him in FF. And the week before, he had less than 10 points. Defenses are stacking against Brown now and making the Steelers beat them with their other receivers.

Well Crawley basically shutdown Julio so maybe none of this means much. And before someone says JJ had a hurt calf/ankle. They say that every week about him. Cooks is great imo.

Unbelievable thread. Cooks was used the same way Julio Jones was. Does anybody really think Crawley shut down Jones? No. He drew the coverage so other targets could get open. Cooks was used in the exact same way. It's called game planning.

A lot of players being called why not cooks? Has a game where he comes up big and then disappears for several games( has trouble winning against top corners). He just isn't reliable there is a reason Brees prefers Snead imo

Such a shame that Cooks has been so awesome that we've come to expect him to be perfect. Oh.. I red thumbed you.

I have never been so sure of anything in football as I am That Thomas is our true No1 WR on this team. Big, strong, physical, and gets great separation on release. The guy shows no fear going in for tough catches and always concentrates on making the catch first.

This kid could turn out to be one of the best WR's in the game.

I have never been so sure of anything in football as I am That Thomas is our true No1 WR on this team. Big, strong, physical, and gets great separation on release. The guy shows no fear going in for tough catches and always concentrates on making the catch first.

Yep. I was glad we drafted him, knowing he was the best WR in that class. So far he has exceeded expectations. His hands are the best of any WR on this team.

There was one catch Monday Night, that was just spectacular. I thought for sure it would be an incompletion and he makes the catch anyway. It was one where Drew threw it low and the DB was in tight coverage. Thomas dove in there and made the catch. Might have been a 3rd down, I dont remember, but this guy will dominate.

Agreed. I was going to post it earlier but, no doubt Cooks opened up things for other receivers (no doubt about it), but Thomas' catches weren't the recipients of the defense's attention to Cooks. A few of Thomas' catches were just sheer will, and can be credited to no one other than Thomas (and maybe Brees for getting him the ball).

The pass at the goal line was just amazing, and then there was this catch Michael Thomas pulls in 25-yard reception - NFL Videos. He is going to be a fun one.

Cooks is not Antonio Brown good IMO, Brown has 3 100 catch seasons, last year he got 136 which is ridiculous...the difference? We traded up to get Cooks in the 1st round, Pittsburg nabbed Brown in the 6th round...I love Cooks but hated the strategy that repeats again and again...Faceman alluded to us having 40 picks since 2009, both the Pats and Steelers have had 60+....coincidence? I think not...

Cooks is never going to have Antonio Brown production unless he's used like him.

Brown was targeted 208 times last year. That's just insane. Brees just doesn't play the game that way.

Cooks matched Landry's yardage last year and more then doubled him in TDs with 40 less targets. He's just a different type of WR. And he's a dang good one.

Cooks is not Antonio Brown good IMO, Brown has 3 100 catch seasons, last year he got 136 which is ridiculous...the difference? We traded up to get Cooks in the 1st round, Pittsburg nabbed Brown in the 6th round...I love Cooks but hated the strategy that repeats again and again...Faceman alluded to us having 40 picks since 2009, both the Pats and Steelers have had 60+....coincidence? I think not...

I like NFL history so I thought it would be fun to look at the WRs taken before Brown in the 2010 Draft

1st Round
Demaryius Thomas
Dez Bryant

2nd Round
Arrelious Benn
Golden Tate

3rd Round
Damian Williams
Brandon LaFell
Emmanuel Sanders
Jordan Shipley
Eric Decker
Andre Roberts
Armanti Edwards
Taylor Price

4th Round
Mardy Gilyard
Mike Williams
Marcus Easley
Jacoby Ford

5th Round
David Reed
Riley Cooper
Kerry Meier

6th Round
Carlton Mitchell
Dezmon Briscoe

To think, the Steelers drafted Sanders and Brown together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom