Cool stuff from Shoal Creek Saloon - Saints bar in Austin (1 Viewer)

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Most of you guys have heard about Shoal Creek, the bar in Austin where a surprisingly large group of Saints fans watches the game. There are probably 100-150 of us on any given Sunday. The bar is dedicated to the Saints.

Anyway, two Sundays ago, after the Bucs game, out of nowhere, a brass band came from around the corner, onto the back patio, where we all sit, and started playing a bunch of Louisiana favorites. This was right after the win, so obviously "When the Saints go Marching in" was the biggest hit.

Then they went inside, to the large bar area where they put on small (100-200 ppl) shows from time to time, and played about 5-6 songs for a half hour or so, for free, for all of the Saints fans.

Turns out all of them were from New Orleans and had to leave when the storm hit.

Talk about random. It was really cool. Here are some pics:

That is really cool that you guys can get 100 Saints fans together in Austin. I bet you forgot where you were when that New Orleans brass band came in and started playing.

Loose Cannon,

Thanks for posting. That was a really really cool thing for those guys to come in and play like that. Come say what's up some time. I'm the guy that sits at the bar every Sunday in the black Lacoste shirt and khaki shorts.

Rich

Loose Cannon thank you for sharing these pictures of your little piece of Saints heaven in Austin one day I too would like to go to this Shoal Creek Saloon as you call it.

Man that looks awsome. I can't wait to move back to Austin.... some day.

Rich,

You probably know me then. I've been going for about 7 years. We're the group that's always on the back patio. Look for the young, loud, drunk guy with the white Reggie Bush jersey and Mardi Gras beads :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom