Cool Vonn Bell stat, surprised a little (2 Viewers)

Bell is a staple on defense, an unsung hero...most don't like him but are unaware of how productive he is and his energy is contagious to the style of the defense Payton and Allen have fielded.

VB24 made many upon many huge plays this year, which caused opponents to punt the ball away. Sure he wasn’t ball hawking but forcing your opponent to punt is just as good.

Another guy I've always liked. Wish he would start ball Hawking a bit more but that guy thumps people when he tackles.
While reading this I couldn't help but remember some of the "scouting reports" that I read during the time before and after Bell was drafted. Many of them I recall had an obvious knock on him that he was "afraid to tackle" or "avoided contact". Shocking that so many draft pundits could be so clearly wrong!

He was the main reason I thought we overpaid for Coleman. Bell's answered the call whenever needed, his safety blitzes are deadly.

Dude stepped it up to another level this year. I don't know if its comfort, the fact that we brought in another SS last year, or both. Either way, I hope we sign him long term before next year. Being a second rounder, he is coming into a contact year, yes?

That 3rd year is where we should be judging our young players. It's when the mental aspects of a players game, technique, and their bodies usually all start to come together to finally reveal the player they're going to be.

We fans have a tendency to expect too much too soon from our young players. MT, Latt, and Kamara are the rare type of player that explodes year one.

Vonn Bell does every single thing you want a Safety to do at a very high level, except get INTs. I mean, imagine if Vonn averaged somewhere between 2-4 picks a year. He would prob be considered one of the best young Safeties in the NFL, given what he already does on the field. I personally think Vonn Bell's the best Safety we have on the team. I love me some Marcus Williams, but he clearly got hit by the sophomore jinx, or something. The tackling is still a bit of an issue and the ballhawk ability only showed up twice all year. Meanwhile Vonn keeps doing what he does, quietly and consistently.

Most scouting reports on him from the draft were that he was a ballhawk who was not very physical and was a bad tackler. I don’t know if they were way off or if he just improved as a tackler and regressed as a ball hawk. If he could regain that ability that he had in college, he could be one of the best safeties in the league.

Comparing (overpaid) Coleman to Vonn Bell is like comparing a Yugo or Chevy Vega to a '19 'Vette.

Hyperbole? Absolutely... but we all know that Coleman needs to clear out his locker and ease on down the road!

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom