Cool Wideouts that I like that we won't draft 2021 version (1 Viewer)

I'm looking forward to getting all of these WRs attribute numbers to populate the spreadsheet I created last year. It's not perfect, but it was pretty good.

Gonna be the bigger wrs like Johnathan Adams, Surratt and Warren Jackson who will undoubtedly dominate the top based on your (and my) past criteria from last year.

I'm looking forward to getting all of these WRs attribute numbers to populate the spreadsheet I created last year. It's not perfect, but it was pretty good.
Nico Collins (6'4 215) and Rashod Bateman (6'3 210)

Will probably be pretty high up there too.

I like Collins as a 3rd wr. Possibly even a #2 but he doesn't quite intrigue me as much as the others on my list.

Gonna be the bigger wrs like Johnathan Adams, Surratt and Warren Jackson who will undoubtedly dominate the top based on your (and my) past criteria from last year.

True, but 40, 3-cone and shuttle factors in as well so they'll have to be athletic big WRs. Claypool and DPJ were 1-2. We all saw what Claypool can do and DPJ showed flashes. He's going to ascend in Cleveland and considering he's a throwback, do-it-all, gritty X WR, he has the perfect guy to be mentored by in Landry.

True, but 40, 3-cone and shuttle factors in as well so they'll have to be athletic big WRs. Claypool and DPJ were 1-2. We all saw what Claypool can do and DPJ showed flashes. He's going to ascend in Cleveland and considering he's a throwback, do-it-all, gritty X WR, he has the perfect guy to be mentored by in Landry.

Just going on tape alone, if I had to guess, those would be my top rookies outside of the first rounders.

I'm going to go out on a limb and add Jaelon Darden to that list as well because of his prowess in the Slot. Ditto Demetric Felton and Amari Rogers.

We surmised that guys weighing less than 210 lbs who excel as rookies were more or less outliers but with guys like Waddle, Smith, Moore, Chase, Marshall, and Toney all coming in the first this year I suspect that they are going to buck the trend like Justin Jefferson and Jeudy did last year.

I will say that my predictions based mostly on size and athleticism did hold true for Claypool and Michael Pittman Jr.

Shenault even had his moments.

I'm really interested in this guy.

Just going on tape alone, if I had to guess, those would be my top rookies outside of the first rounders.

I'm going to go out on a limb and add Jaelon Darden to that list as well because of his prowess in the Slot. Ditto Demetric Felton and Amari Rogers.

We surmised that guys weighing less than 210 lbs who excel as rookies were more or less outliers but with guys like Waddle, Smith, Moore, Chase, Marshall, and Toney all coming in the first this year I suspect that they are going to buck the trend like Justin Jefferson and Jeudy did last year.

I will say that my predictions based mostly on size and athleticism did hold true for Claypool and Michael Pittman Jr.

Shenault even had his moments.

Chase is over the RBS average and the rest are under. Marshall is close and if he weighs over 205, he'll be good. As for last year Jefferson was over the average in RBS which combined with is other attributes put him near the top.

Looking at the spreadsheet, I didn't go back and add their draft round which is +1 for 1st round picks. After making that adjustment, Claypool and DPJ had raw 6 scores with Kirk Merritt, Joe Reed and Patmon with a raw 5 scores. Jefferson, Aiyuk, Ruggs and Reagor all had a 5 score after adding their +1 for round drafted which rounded out the top 9 WRs. These scores didn't include the 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle since I didn't have that data on everyone.

Chase is over the RBS average and the rest are under. Marshall is close and if he weighs over 205, he'll be good. As for last year Jefferson was over the average in RBS which combined with is other attributes put him near the top.

Looking at the spreadsheet, I didn't go back and add their draft round which is +1 for 1st round picks. After making that adjustment, Claypool and DPJ had raw 6 scores with Kirk Merritt, Joe Reed and Patmon with a raw 5 scores. Jefferson, Aiyuk, Ruggs and Reagor all had a 5 score after adding their +1 for round drafted which rounded out the top 9 WRs. These scores didn't include the 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle since I didn't have that data on everyone.

It's hilarious that Devonta Smith might weigh less than 190lbs but also led the NCAA In yards after contact the past two years.

He and Waddle destroyed the highly rated corners for Georgia.

It's hilarious that Devonta Smith might weigh less than 190lbs but also led the NCAA In yards after contact the past two years.

He and Waddle destroyed the highly rated corners for Georgia.

Not only is his weight low, but at 6'1", he's really lean. He may only end up with that being his only negative and then grade out really well with the performance on tape to back it up.

I'm not going to do a thread on running backs but as we all know Payton likes receiving backs with special teams value so three names there to keep an eye on Are

Travis Ettiene

Kenneth Gainwell

Demetric Felton (can play slot and scatback)

Etienne like him alot. He would give Saints perhaps best backfield in the NFL and provide two serious recieving threats from that position

Not only is his weight low, but at 6'1", he's really lean. He may only end up with that being his only negative and then grade out really well with the performance on tape to back it up.
I don't think Smith's weight is a factor when he's on the field. I do, however, think it'll make him more injury prone in the NFL. 6'1" 190 isn't the frame to hold up over a 16 game season, not when you have NFL safeties out weighing you by 30 lbs

I don't think Smith's weight is a factor when he's on the field. I do, however, think it'll make him more injury prone in the NFL. 6'1" 190 isn't the frame to hold up over a 16 game season, not when you have NFL safeties out weighing you by 30 lbs

RBS indicates durability. Smith is 6'1' 175lbs he's a long way from 190lbs which is where he needs to get to the minimum on the RBS range for Top 25 WRs.

Fun thread.....very informative and enjoyable.

But....WR is one of the least important positions, in the current state of the NFL, to actually winning games.

Very important position in winning fantasy football.....but actual football, one of the least important.

The Bucs “best” WR, Mike Evans, did hardly anything in most games down the stretch.
Devante Adams-Lost to Bucs
Mike Thomas-Lost to Bucs
Metcalf- Lost to Rams
Hopkins-No playoffs
Jules SS
Diggs
Robinson
Ridley
Keenan Allen
Lockett
There’s your top 10 in receptions (andCGM)

I agree they are shiny and fun, but hardly a key component to winking football.

Fun thread.....very informative and enjoyable.

But....WR is one of the least important positions, in the current state of the NFL, to actually winning games.

Very important position in winning fantasy football.....but actual football, one of the least important.

The Bucs “best” WR, Mike Evans, did hardly anything in most games down the stretch.
Devante Adams-Lost to Bucs
Mike Thomas-Lost to Bucs
Metcalf- Lost to Rams
Hopkins-No playoffs
Jules SS
Diggs
Robinson
Ridley
Keenan Allen
Lockett
There’s your top 10 in receptions (andCGM)

I agree they are shiny and fun, but hardly a key component to winking football.
You're arguing this when guys like Tyreek Hiil and Brandin cooks have gone to back-to-back superbowls in recent years?

Wideouts have a huge impact on the game.

A big part of getting to the superbowl is making the playoffs.

Guess what most of those guys have in common?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom