Cooper Rush anyone? for Sean Payton (1 Viewer)

Anyone that thinks Sean would rather have Cooper than Dak is not looking at reality. Dak is top 8 in win percentage as a starter in the last 5 years. If you go look at some of the QB council stuff where they rate in all kinds of categories...he is in top 10 of almost every category. I said it a few years ago & still believe it today that if Sean teams up with Dak, they will be competing for superbowl...I was just hoping then he would have come to the Saints.

It is truly sad that we are having this conversation about Cooper Rush after the third game of the season. One of which we actually won.

Dallas wouldn't trade Tony Romo to us when SP was hired. I don't think SP will be the next Cowboys head coach, but if he is, what makes you think he doesn't prefer Rush over Dak? Keep in mind that Dallas could wait another season and get SP for free.
From all I've read, the clock on his contract stops until he comes out of retirement unless I'm mistaken

You came to the conclusion that he is our QB of the future based on such a small sample size?
True..it's small, but he looks poised in the pocket an not rattled. Winston looks jittery in the pocket and can't read the open guy (like a wide open AK) in the Carolina game. I know we can't get Rush this season, but i'm thinking long term, as I just dont think Winston has that "IT" factor to take us anyways. Hope he proves me wrong though.

True..it's small, but he looks poised in the pocket an not rattled. Winston looks jittery in the pocket and can't read the open guy (like a wide open AK) in the Carolina game. I know we can't get Rush this season, but i'm thinking long term, as I just dont think Winston has that "IT" factor to take us anyways. Hope he proves me wrong though.
My concern isn't that he missed an open guy...hell all QBs don't take "open guys" especially on the checkdown. My concern is the lack of down, distance, and time...i.e. "situational" awareness displayed by attempting the play he attempted, when he attempted it. Normally that screwup would've costed 4 points, but getting that FG blocked put that mistake in bold print for everyone to see and dwell on.

From all I've read, the clock on his contract stops until he comes out of retirement unless I'm mistaken
It doesn't work like player contracts so his rights expire after 2023 which means he could sit for two years and be free to sign with anyone he wants.

Do you guys ever listen to yourselves. Cooper Effin’ Rush ain’t the answer to who’s the next franchise QB of the Saints. Just stop please. That’s as bad as Billy Newsome for Bert Jones. Get two No 1s for Payton.

Just gotta scratch your head seeing a udfa QB doing well of the bench when our former 1st rounder can’t light a gas can on fire when a blow torch.

Yeah, at this point I’d take rush over our current QB room.
Has it dawned on you that McCarthy/Moore just might be better than Carmichael?

Sean had Winston looking more than serviceable with a far worse receiving corps. This year he can’t find 41 wide open 5 yards in front of him on 3rd and 3.

Has it dawned on you that McCarthy/Moore just might be better than Carmichael?

Sean had Winston looking more than serviceable with a far worse receiving corps. This year he can’t find 41 wide open 5 yards in front of him on 3rd and 3.
It hasn’t dawned on me, it plainly obvious that Carmichael and Allen were out of their depth since the 1st game.

Rush isn’t playing hero ball, he’s being asked to just not lose the game. Rush At least considers the check down and take what the D is giving up. Our QB can’t even do that, and yeah, I know the offensive scheme of Carmichael isn’t helping him. Winston was serviceable, but at this point we don’t have Sean to hold his hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom