Cop Had Black Men Rap Away Ticket - City Apologizes (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
"You know why you say I'm right? Because I got a gun and badge. I'm always right. That's the way it works, right?"

"Yo, I just got pulled over 'cause I threw my trash out the window when they rolled over. They got behind me and pulled me over."

Ariz. City Apologizes for Video That Shows Officer Getting Black Men to Rap to Avoid Ticket
By AMANDA LEE MYERS

TEMPE, Ariz. Dec 2, 2006 (AP)— City leaders have apologized after a program on Tempe's cable channel showed a white police officer telling two black men they could get out of a littering ticket by performing a rap.

Tempe Mayor Hugh Hallman and Police Chief Tom Ryff apologized for the show Thursday and suspended its future production after black community leaders voiced outrage and disappointment.

"I accept responsibility for the actions of my staff and apologize to any members of our community who have been offended," Ryff said during a news conference Friday.

READ MORE
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2694490

Remember the M*A*S*H episode "The General Flipped at Dawn," where Harry Morgan played the crazy general?

Major General Bartford Hamilton Steele:

"C'mon, boy! It's in your blood!

When the sun goes down, the tide goes out,
The people gather 'round and they all begin to shout,
"Hey! Hey! Uncle Dud,
It's a treat to beat your feet on the Mississippi Mud.

What a dance do they do!
Lordy, how I'm tellin' you,
They don't need no band,
They keep time by clappin' their hand.
Just as happy as a cow, chewin' on a cud,
When the people beat their feet on the Mississippi Mud."

Any time you walk away from an encounter with the police and you didn't get tasered or shot it should be considered a positive experience.

Women can get away on their looks, and African-Americans now get to rap to avoid tickets.

Once again, discrimination against white males rears its ugly head.

Hell, I would rap, but I think I would just get another ticket for being excessively bad.

I saw the video of this event on Fox.

Everyone looks to be having a pretty good time with it.

Hello Mountain, This is Mole Hill.

I was joking, there just aren't smilies anymore.
You have to click User CP then go to edit options stroll down to the bottom to Miscellaneous Options and change your Message Editor Interface from Basic Editor to Standard Editor then you'll have smilies.:aduncan:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom