Cop rear ends Motorcycle - blames rider (1 Viewer)

If you look at the cops face and body language right as he walks up, you can tell that he knew he was in the wrong. He tried his hardest to deflect the blame onto the rider.

Yep, it's practiced abuse of power. That sort of aggressive pushing right from the beginning is so off-putting it doesn't allow the other person the chance to even consider the situation. By laying blame and threats from the outset, the other person is immediately put in the position of defusing the conflict and trying to accommodate. Given any breadth of time, the cyclist might have built up enough self-righteous indignation about the situation to take a stand, but the cop kept the pressure on.

A "normal" person would have certainly gotten out and first thought "oh ****, this sucks". But a "normal" person doesn't typically carry enough day-to-day authority to be able to consistently bully their way out of trouble and therefore aren't as practiced.

It was pretty tame but you have to keep in mind, motorcycles are dangerous. I mean, even just a mild wipe out on a busy road can have catastrophic consequences. I always give motorcycles way more space then I would a care for that reason. Clip a car, insurance sucks, clip a motorcycle possibly kill someone.

They weren't traveling that fast and while the motorcyclist was probably being over cautious on the lane change, the cop had absolutely no business being that close to the motorcycle.

I have a few close friends who ride, and they tell me stories all the time of how inconsiderate and generally stupid people are when driving around them. They get tailgated and cut-off more than I would think. My bud was cut-off recently, tipped over, and slid like 100 yards completely tearing up his side.

I don't ride bikes, not my thing, but I always try to be very aware of my surroundings, especially if I see a biker coming up. I typically give them at least twice the space in front of me than I would a car.

People just need to pay more attention and show a little more caution around bikers. A bad accident for you or me means a trip to the hospital, for a biker it means a trip to the morgue. Your absolutely right.

Geez, he let the motorcycle driver off with just a warning. What more do ya'll want?

On a serious note, why did the driver come to a stop for no reason instead of following traffic? Not saying he broke any law but his driving was a little odd.

Geez, he let the motorcycle driver off with just a warning. What more do ya'll want?

On a serious note, why did the driver come to a stop for no reason instead of following traffic? Not saying he broke any law but his driving was a little odd.

The car to his left was switching lanes. Objects in a helmet cam are closer than they appear.

had the same thought. Having a cop riding inside your arse can make some people nervous though.

Who cares anyways. Maybe he's a novice and is unsure about his braking. Maybe he's just overcautious. Maybe he just had an itch he wanted to take care of.

Doesn't matter, at that speed there's no way he stopped so soon the cop couldn't avoid hitting him if the cop was at a reasonable following distance. The cop was too close, period.

I love how the cop walked up and noticed the camera.

It changed his attitude really quick in my opinion.

More surveillance on what they do can go along way.

Who knows what "sh*t load of tickets" the RIDER would have got

Glad to see all the police haters in full force, missed you guys in any thread that shows police in a positive light....

Glad to see all the police haters in full force, missed you guys in any thread that shows police in a positive light....

I'm not going to clap my hands and praise someone for behaving like a decent human being, especially one that ostensibly is employed to "serve and protect" the general populace. The fact that you want people to praise cops for doing their job and not being ****** about it proves how deep the problem runs. But by all means, continue to ignore the problem and pretend everything is ok. I'm sure the corruption and abuse of power will go away by itself.

I'm not going to clap my hands and praise someone for behaving like a decent human being, especially one that ostensibly is employed to "serve and protect" the general populace. The fact that you want people to praise cops for doing their job and not being ****** about it proves how deep the problem runs. But by all means, continue to ignore the problem and pretend everything is ok. I'm sure the corruption and abuse of power will go away by itself.

Ah, was waiting for you to show up. No where have I ever said cops should be praised for doing their job. No where have I asked you to clap your hands. I have posted a few stories of LEOs going above and beyond just "doing their job". But hey, carry on.

We're discussing a specific video, of a specific instance, involving a specific cop. Unless you're interested in joining that discuss, I don't see a point to your comment.

We're discussing a specific video, of a specific instance, involving a specific cop. Unless you're interested in joining that discuss, I don't see a point to your comment.

I suggest you reread the comment then.

I suggest you reread the comment then.

I read it. I got it. So far as I can tell, your expectations are that in order to post in any thread referring to police at all we're required to post in every police thread ever. Which of course is a juvenile and silly expectation. So your options are

1) stop reading negative threads involving police officers

2) adjust your expectations, that sometimes some police officers do stupid things and people don't like that

3) be mad :mad:

I'll give odds you stick with #3

Cheers

cmon Spam. you're one of my favorite posters on this site but seriously we have had tons of threads that started as one subject and by page 2 had gone another completely different direction.

2) adjust your expectations, that sometimes some police officers do stupid things

I really wish people could understand this some times

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom