Copeland Family wants to Erect Statue of Al in Lafreniere Park... (1 Viewer)

I lost respect for the family after they moved Popeyes headquarters to Georgia of all places. They know good and well that Al would have never gone for that.

OP title aside (I never like to see Copeland and erect in the same sentence), I think the cheesy statue would be fine with all the support money.

I lost respect for the family after they moved Popeyes headquarters to Georgia of all places. They know good and well that Al would have never gone for that.

I'm not sure what you mean. Al lost Popeyes in bankruptcy in 1992.

so the artist renderings were released today, an boy does the statue look ridiculous.
Im fine with them putting a statue in the park if they go through with the donation to the park and build a stage etc, its much like getting your name on a building at a university, but at least make it a decent looking statue. This thing looks like a midget on a surfboard carrying a box of chicken.

-d4f85a82a6e6476f.jpg

First look at Al Copeland memorial design for Metairie's Lafreniere Park | NOLA.com

So they want the statue to exist in a world rendered by a Commodore 64 and populated solely by faceless Asian people? The two racing boats make it look like he has giant rocket robo-feet.

bwahahahaahahahahahaha, what program did they render that in, and where did they find a 386 computer to run it???

(and yes, the statue looks horrible although it's slightly better than the earlier idea....very slightly)

I haven't seen rendering like that since Dire Straits.

direstraits2.jpg

So they want the statue to exist in a world rendered by a Commodore 64 and populated solely by faceless Asian people? The two racing boats make it look like he has giant rocket robo-feet.

before you said boat, I was studying that thinking he was wearing freakish scuba flippers or clown shoes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom