Corbin Kaufusi the tall man (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Corbin Kaufusi has something that can’t be coached, a 6’9 frame. He is a defensive end, but he isn’t afraid to move around.

Because of his size, the 6-foot-9, 280-pound Kaufusi is an intriguing prospect.
“If a team wanted me to play a different position, I think I could definitely do that for them. I could play offensive line or tight end. But I love playing defensive end,” he said. “I look at players like Calais Campbell (Jacksonville Jaguars) and Carlos Dunlap (Cincinnati Bengals). They’re able to do great things with their length and their size. They’re pretty similar to me. Defensive end is where my heart is but I’m willing to do whatever.”
Among the teams that have shown the most interest in Kaufusi include the Rams, Chargers, Browns, Eagles, Broncos, Raiders and Falcons.

What do you think we will do with him? Keep him at DE, move him to tight end, move him to DT?

Corbin Kaufusi has something that can’t be coached, a 6’9 frame. He is a defensive end, but he isn’t afraid to move around.

What do you think we will do with him? Keep him at DE, move him to tight end, move him to DT?

I personally think he’s a hybrid EDGE, base DE, 5T, OLB. I think his crazy height & inconsistent use of leverage could compromise his effectiveness as a full time 43 DT/NT. In my opinion, i think we should reference Indy & use Kaufusi almost exactly like they use Maugus Hunt. I think he’s a bit of a long shot, but Kaufusi has rare size & a lot of pressure ability to build on. At the very worst, i hope we’re able to stash him on the PS. 100% rooting for him.

What he lacks in leverage he makes up for in arm and hand strength. If you watch his highlight clip, watch how he uses his arms. He seems strong and enough to shed blocks with his right arm while he uses his left arm and hand strength to make the tackle. He's interesting.

Not sure it’s the best thing in a sport where “low man wins” is a time tested expression.

Probably better off converting to TE

Could you imagine that Monster at TE. In the Red Zone it would simply be jump ball over and over. It's kinda sad for so many of these UDFAs and late round draft picks with the Saints. This team is loaded with talent and a lot of young talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom