Cordale Flott is making a giantic mistake! (1 Viewer)

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
The news came down today that Derek Stingley Jr and Flott are going to forego their senior seasons to enter the NFL draft.

Stingley will be a high 1st rounder and it makes sense for him, but Flott is projected as no more than a late round pick at best, big mistake when he could improve his stock so much by coming back next season as a starter.

The news came down today that Derek Stingley Jr and Flott are going to forego their senior seasons to enter the NFL draft.

Stingley will be a high 1st rounder and it makes sense for him, but Flott is projected as no more than a late round pick at best, big mistake when he could improve his stock so much by coming back next season as a starter.
Agreed, Flott had a decent freshman year on the Championship team. 2020 he got abused in coverage. This year he showed improvement but not NFL level. He’ll be lucky to go in the 6-7th round, more likely an UDFA.

I don’t think Stingley in the 1st round is a guarantee…Whether It is injuries or something else he has never remotely approached his freshman year performance…I think it is imperative for him to be healthy and do well in the combines….

I don’t think Stingley in the 1st round is a guarantee…Whether It is injuries or something else he has never remotely approached his freshman year performance…I think it is imperative for him to be healthy and do well in the combines….
All the projections I've seen have him rated in the top 5 overall. The latest CBSSports mock has him going 4th overall to the Jets.

Despite the recent lack of production, Stingley remains widely regarded as one of the top prospects in the 2022 NFL Draft. CBS Sports' NFL Draft prospect rankings put Stingley at No. 3 overall behind only Notre Dame safety Kyle Hamilton and Oregon defensive lineman Kayvon Thibodeaux. CBS Sports NFL Draft analyst Ryan Wilson has Stingley going No. 7 overall to the New York Jets in his latest mock draft.

I'm not sure Flott would have started next season. He was pretty bad most of the season and played better down the stretch.

No way in the world I take him in the 1st round….his play clearly regressed…but we will see what happens..

No way in the world I take him in the 1st round….his play clearly regressed…but we will see what happens..
His play regressed, but it was so high to begin with he's still a high caliber CB.

As for Flott, I don't have any inside info but sometimes these kids leave early because of academic situations. Sometimes they leave for family situations. Flott was an inactive player for the bowl game for an undisclosed reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom