Cordarrelle Patterson (Speculation) (1 Viewer)

Now that CJ is the receiver's coach he [CJ ] can mold Cordarrelle Patterson in to a Robert Meachem or Devery Henderson type receive.

If I recall correctly Patterson only returns kickoffs. He is not a punt returner. So that would only solve half the return game problem. I'd rather see them draft someone like Adoree Jackson who could fill both roles and play corner.

With the way our defense plays kick returns might be closer to 2/3 of our return game... :covri:

If he can PR also... this is a no-brainer. Go for him. I see Meacham with way bigger upside. If he's just a KR... well pass.

It's hard to see a strict KR and clear-out wr getting paid a ton on the open market. Never say never, he certainly has the Devery/Meach pattern down and that could free up Cooks to do other stuff...

I bet 1/2 of the teams out there use one of their top receivers for kick off returns, why not us.??

From what I can see, practically no NFL team is currently doing so. But your and my definition of top receiver may differ...

Josh Katzenstein of the New Orleans Times-Picayune named Cordarrelle Patterson as a player the Saints could pursue in free agency.
To be clear, Katzenstein isn't reporting that New Orleans is interested. He's simply connecting the dots. The Saints' special teams were lacking last season and Patterson is easily the top return man on the market. Patterson also earned an increased passing-game role in Minnesota last year. Creative Saints coach Sean Payton could certainly put Patterson's gadget-touch skills to use on offense.

What do you guys think????

The problem with Cordarelle is that Coach wants smart dedicated football players and nothing about Patterson says smart or dedicated. He had a tremendous opportunity in Minnesota, but could not grasp the playbook and was not dedicated enough to contribute.

I think getting Patterson would a mega get for us. Not only would he solve our KR/PR issues, but he offer some untapped WR potential. He's had busters as his QBs, & Brees is legendary for maximizing the talent around him. Plus, i seriously doubt he'll be that expensive. Outside of being a return man, he's kind of flopped thus far as a WR.

Throughout his highschool, college and NFL career, I make CP's total punt return yardage a tiny 160yds. He is not a solution at punt returner and as has been said, if he can't do both, it likely requires gobbling up another game day roster slot to find our punt returner.

No dice.

It's hard to see a strict KR and clear-out wr getting paid a ton on the open market. Never say never, he certainly has the Devery/Meach pattern down and that could free up Cooks to do other stuff...

Exactly. Currently there is no compliment to Brandon Cooks on the roster.

A return guy that would also be huge in our passing game, I like this if it happens

Imo, he's a waste of a roster spot.

The real question is... how much would you pay for a one-trick pony?

Certainly not more than $2M/year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom