Corey Williams for a 2nd? (1 Viewer)

Since it's obvious both Dorsey and Ellis will be long gone by pick 10, why not trade our 2nd rounder for a proven beast at DT?

We could get a decent linebacker in the third round even if we trade away the 2nd round pick, and if we make this trade, we can use the whole rest of the draft on DBs and LBs (I'm currently hoping for DRC at #10, but I bet a lot of team's fans in the top 15 picks are drooling over him as well right now).because we won't have to worry about DT any more.

Amobi Okoye lasted till 10, I think there is a fair chance that something nutty can result in Dorsey falling. People are making a lot of hoopla about his leg injury from years ago that never showed on the field. The only problem he had was after the chop block from auburn. I think his pro day will put to rest any doubts, but I have seen strange things like Bush falling happen.

I would rather Williams (like others said) but I would rather Rogers for, say, a 4th than Williams for a 2nd....now if we had a late 2nd I would do it. I just don't want to give up that early 2nd.

But Tenordas brings up a very good point....this dude rocks it and there's a chance the guy we pick in the 2nd won't....I'm swaying.....

Consider the contract that he'll demand. Throw in our current guys we want to sign... this "done deal" with Asante... the "pursuit of Burner Turner"... and whatever else the rumor mill spends... how much cap $$ can we possibly have? :shrug:

Don't get me wrong... I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a hurry if it were up to me, but his contract demands has to be a concern for the FO.

Just seems that Corey (who went to HS with my wife and bro-in-law) is a beneficiary of having beasts on the outside more than being beastly himself. I think he's solid but nowhere near worth a 2nd.

The only question that I have is how much better is Cory Williams, who we could get for a 2nd, then DeWayne Robertson, who we could get for less?

I would give up a 2nd for Williams impact DTs are hard to find in the 1st let alone the 2nd.

Let's not forget, this is what Green Bay is ASKING for, not what they will take. The Saints can certainly offer a third, that would be a good deal, and GB could take it. Remember, GB has franchised the guy, and this means if they don't deal him they pay megabucks. It could all be a bluff. So much of what goes on in the league is anyway.

This isn't a deal the Saints are likely to make until draft day. If Sedrick Ellis or Dorsey were to fall to them, or if they trade up, they won't want Willams. So until the Saints make their 1st round pick, they won't pull the trigger on this. That is, not unless GB drops their asking price to a 3rd or lower.

By the way, I like Williams as a FA pickup better than Samuels. Samuels carries a huge pricetag, and there will be several top CBs available at #10. Williams comes a little cheaper, and fills a huge need that the Saints might not be able to cover in the draft.

Last edited:
This seems like a good trade maybe our 1st for their 1st, 2nd or 3rd and Williams (We would be getting 3 players for 1 draft pick, one a very fine DT. If we get the 1st and 2nd we can take a CB and LB with the Picks if we get the 3rd instead we can get an elite interior lineman for with the pick.

I like the 10th pick but three players for the pick an one being proven might be a great deal for us.

I know the 2nd or 3rd might be a tad unrealistic but I would be good with sending a 5th or 6th to ensureeither.

The difference between are 1st round picks is 580pts which equals the 1st pick in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
I'll say it again... Proven Young Players >>>> Draft Picks past the 1st round.

What we forget is that this was probably a move by GB to get something for nothing. If you franchise a guy with no intention of keeping him and just take the highest draft pick, you just got an extra pick for nothing. Even if it is a 7th round pick, right?

I hope that the Saints play along. Offer them a 4th to start.

I think the draft is to rich in talent to use high draft picks on trades, we can get our own LB, CB and DT in the first 3 rounds, FA arent sure things either, but atleast you know (or hope)Draft picks have the potential to get better.

I don't feel he is worth a second round pick. He is a monster pass rusher but lacks somewhat IMO in the run game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom