Corey Williams (1 Viewer)

BoroSaint

Bring the Wood!!!!!
Reaction score
Just heard on Sirius 2 minute drill that he is in ongoing contract talks with the Packers for an extension and GM Ted Thompson has not ruled out using the franchise or transition tag on him. :cussing:

That article makes me optimistic that he will hit the market. Thanks for posting.

Thats what I got out of it to, Williams will get some nice offers in the FA Market and the Packers are deep at DT, I think they will just let him go...

Thats what I got out of it to, Williams will get some nice offers in the FA Market and the Packers are deep at DT, I think they will just let him go...

He may very well hit the market, but if he does as the top DT available (if Haynesworth is tagged as expected) he's going to demand a ton of money.

I just don't see the Saints throwing the BIG money at any FAs.

You can demand top money all you want, that dont make you a top DT or worth the cash your asking for.....teams are still gonna look to get market value, he's not getting no 50mill dollar deal...he will cash in, but I dont think any team will make him the highest paid DT in the league or even top 5, he doesnt have the resume for it (pro bowls)...the Saints have just as good a shot as anybody else (with cap space) and he should be the #1 target and the rest should go to J.Evans, Colston and Smith....and Faine.

The Packers have cap room so don't be surprised if they throw some at Corey Williams and keep him. They don't need him but they might keep him anyways.

I would really like to see the Saints try to get this guy, especially because it looks like Sedrick Ellis won't be there for them in the draft. Remember, the Saints cut LeRoi Glover about a million years ago and they have NEVER been able to find a good presence in the middle since then. Williams may not be the best at his position but he is a real upgrade.

Having someone in the middle to stuff the run will make our MLB better, and the LBs need all the help they can get.

Finally, I would point out that Drew Brees is in his prime. The Saints need to put together a serious run in the next 5 years, while Drew is at his best. Look at the Packers -- they have the best team they have had in years and Farve is fading fast. They missed their chance this year and probably won't get another.

I want to see the Saints stick their necks out on a few players in the next 2 seasons and put a real team together. The Hornets did that 2 years ago when they brought in Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic, and look where they are now.

I would really like to see the Saints try to get this guy, especially because it looks like Sedrick Ellis won't be there for them in the draft. Remember, the Saints cut LeRoi Glover about a million years ago and they have NEVER been able to find a good presence in the middle since then. Williams may not be the best at his position but he is a real upgrade.

Having someone in the middle to stuff the run will make our MLB better, and the LBs need all the help they can get.

Finally, I would point out that Drew Brees is in his prime. The Saints need to put together a serious run in the next 5 years, while Drew is at his best. Look at the Packers -- they have the best team they have had in years and Farve is fading fast. They missed their chance this year and probably won't get another.

I want to see the Saints stick their necks out on a few players in the next 2 seasons and put a real team together. The Hornets did that 2 years ago when they brought in Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic, and look where they are now.

Huh? Farve is fading fast? did you not watch the Packers at all this year? he is far from fading......and I dont think Ellis or Dorsey or out of our reach right now, we pick 10th and it looks more like Dorsey is no longer the concensus #1 which mean he will fall and either he or Ellis might be there at 10....the Draft is funny, remember how the Cardinals got Leinart? they picked 10th and Leinart was supposed to be a top 5 pick....I think its to good to be true for either Dorsey or Ellis to fall to us, but just becuase they are dominant players doesnt mean everybody wants them, those other 9 teams have other pressing needs (including DT) but with Ryan, C.Long, J.Long, McFadden, and a couple other players that dont come to mind at this instance....Dorsey or Ellis could fall to 10....10 is still a high pick guys its not like we want him to fall to 15th or 20th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom