Corn or Potato: Which makes for better chips? (1 Viewer)

Better chips: corn or potato?

• Corn (Doritos, Cheetos, Bugles, etc.)

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Potato (Lays, Ruffles, Pringles, etc.)

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Other???

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
I had to vote corn, but not based on chip alone. I voted corn because of the wonderful toppings for the corn chips. Nachos, Frito Pie, Chips and queso, are all corn based. I like Freedom Onion dip and potato chips also, but not as much as fully loaded nachos. If I had to decide between plain corn chips and plain potato chips (no seasonings at all besides salt and the chemicals that preserve them) I would go with potato.

Worse for your breath, corn chips or potato chips?

Hands down... corn, every time.

Worse for your breath, corn chips or potato chips?

Hands down... corn, every time.

No freakin' way. I have never wanted to throw up when someone breathes tortilla chip in my face, like I have when someone blows nasty Dorito breath on me. Sick.

Although most of my favorites fall on the corn side, the all time
greatest chip (which I can't find anymore) is in fact potato.

type-20040722-9.jpg
You just earned respect in my book. :hihi:

And in regards to the posts below...the TGIF skins will never compare to the original versions of years gone by.

talking thread revival here.. but i'd say other..
wheat. corn and potato are so unhealthy. potato chips, pure starch and fat.

I want a do over. Apparently I've already voted, but I don't remember which I chose. Obviously, it totally depends on type or absence of dip to apply upon said chip.

FYI, http://www.highmesasalsa.com is the pinnacle of spicy goodness. I will warn against the hazardous burning coals though. Ray described it as Tabasco peppers cutting habaneros. And forget the regular hotness scale, mild is pretty nice and medium will do for most. At hot, I was not enjoying it.

In summation, corn + good salsa > potato. No dip and potato > corn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom