Cornelius Washington - OLB - Georgia (1 Viewer)

ETWhoDat

Hindsight is 50/50
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how this guys does in the speed and agility drills. Could be a great late round addition to our pass rush corps.

Ogletree's teammate, Cornelius Washington (6-4, 265), is the largest prospect in the linebacker group, and he evidently works hard in the weight room. Washington led the linebackers with 36 reps on the bench press. He fell under the shadow of other players at Georgia like Ogletree, Jarvis Jones, John Jenkins and Bacarri Rambo. A big Combine could help Washington by resulting in teams wanting to get to know him better.

images

his stock will rise

36 reps and that size will make some team fall in love...esp if he interviews well..

yeah, I was going to post this too, but have too many posts for the day, this guy is perfect for our system, I'm also sure the interview sean payton did with the Georgia coach covered all the players entering the draft from Georgia

Apparently last year at 250 lbs he ran a 4.29 with a 39" vert. Reports are he's this years "freak" athlete. If he can run a 4.6 with a good vert and broad jump, the raiders might take him in the first lol.

That 4.29 was likely a legit 4.4x

Our defense needs more speed, that is what I hope we draft on defense with the 15th pick. You look at the 49'ers, Ravens or any other good defensive teams and they have speed and great fundamentals(hopefully this improves this year)

Alex Smith running for 28 yard TD in that playoff game still gives me nightmares. If it was Kappernick, RGIII, I could understand, but Alex Smith? ewww.

Good player. He was the real leader on that defense. I still wonder why the production never quite matched the talent, but that was an issue team wide. Had a DUI, and got into some hot water with fans on twitter over Isaiah Crowell’s dismissal from the team, but I don’t remember seeing anything from him that I would consider a mental mistake on the field. Could be a solid pro. I don’t think he becomes anything other than that, but he has the measurable to, if he gets into the right situation.

wow, this guy keeps coming, combine results for him are great, he got injured or his draft stock might be in the 1st round

There is a thought around UGA that he could have been a super star at middle linebacker.

Updated combine results for Washington - Officially ran a 4.55 in the 40, 36 reps of 225, and a 39" vert at 265lbs.

I wouldn't draft that guy. How many workout warriors have the Saints drafted at LB that didn't work out? Too many. Yeah, if he is there in the 7th round, then take him. Otherwise, I wouldn't touch him. Guys need to have some film to go with great combine numbers.

I wouldn't draft that guy. How many workout warriors have the Saints drafted at LB that didn't work out? Too many. Yeah, if he is there in the 7th round, then take him. Otherwise, I wouldn't touch him. Guys need to have some film to go with great combine numbers.

For rush linebacker? That is where your freaks go. This guy is the freak of freaks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom