Cornelius Washington - OLB - Georgia (1 Viewer)

For rush linebacker? That is where your freaks go. This guy is the freak of freaks.

I thought that's what Tez is? If UGA couldn't do anything with this athletic freak, then what makes you think the NFL can? The only thing that guy proved at the combine is that he is extremely athletic. He obviously doesn't have the tape, otherwise we would have already heard about him.

I thought that's what Tez is? If UGA couldn't do anything with this athletic freak, then what makes you think the NFL can? The only thing that guy proved at the combine is that he is extremely athletic. He obviously doesn't have the tape, otherwise we would have already heard about him.

You're right, if you're not good in college, you won't be good in the pros. Don't know what I was thinking!

You're right, if you're not good in college, you won't be good in the pros. Don't know what I was thinking!

Obviously that is not true for everyone. But I think you understand where I'm coming from. I apologize if I came off offensive; however, I simply find it difficult to get excited about a workout warrior if there isn't any film to go with his numbers. I mean, people get excited about the athleticism and what he could do at the NFL level, but then I have to ask, "Why didn't this guy use all his athleticism and dominate at the college level?"

Out of curiosity, did Cornelius Washington do anything at the East West Shrine Game or the Senior Bowl? The small school OL is someone to get excited about. He showed out at the East West Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl and then followed that up with a great combine performance. I would agree that there is some legitimacy to his rise up draft boards. Cornelius Washington on the other hand, I don't see it. Of course, I'm not a GM, NFL scout, or head football coach.

Obviously that is not true for everyone. But I think you understand where I'm coming from. I apologize if I came off offensive; however, I simply find it difficult to get excited about a workout warrior if there isn't any film to go with his numbers. I mean, people get excited about the athleticism and what he could do at the NFL level, but then I have to ask, "Why didn't this guy use all his athleticism and dominate at the college level?"

I agree with this assessment. He also had the advantage of teams focusing their game plan on stopping Jarvis Jones. OP is right, you might take a chance on him in the later rounds but he's nothing more than a developmental prospect possibly stud special teamer. Special teams is where he'll earn his paycheck the first few seasons.

Could be a guy we target...we don't always have the opportunity to draft the best player at a position...but we always find a prospect with the measurable we covet.

I agree with this assessment. He also had the advantage of teams focusing their game plan on stopping Jarvis Jones. OP is right, you might take a chance on him in the later rounds but he's nothing more than a developmental prospect possibly stud special teamer. Special teams is where he'll earn his paycheck the first few seasons.

The LOLB in Granthams scheme isn't used to rush the passer as much.

I think this was the same problem with Devin Taylor @ SC

Once whats his name came on they decided that Devin should play the strong side...which doesn't taylor to rushing the passer as much. He even hinted as much@ the Senior Bowl.

Some guys go under the radar because of little production..and then shoot up draft boards.

Teams will go back and watch tape and see if his measurables match up to the tape.

Clay Matthews was the same way until he raised his stock@the draft...hasn't looked back since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom