Cornerback offseason summary (2 Viewers)

Yeh I have to add that dh is one the best man to man cover corners in the game.

Mike McKenzie was far and away the best player on our defense. If he isn't one of the best in the conference please find me another player who took 14 (fourteen) weeks to give up a TD in man coverage. I'd certainly take him over Hall, but rather than have to choose between one or the other, I'd still love us to get both.

so would i id love to have both. but it took that long because teams just didnt throw his was often. and if i was a qb i wouldnt throw at a teams best cover guy either, id do what the rest of the league did all year(expose the weak link) yea mm has better technique but hes also has 5more years of exp. mm was no where near the level of player that dh is in his third year as a pro.

Where did the rumor about Hall playing for the minimum come from? Did he say this on the radio or what?

IIRC, he reportedly made an off-the-cuff remark to Payton in the last game that he would play for him for the minimum. But I haven't, for a second, considered that he was being literal.

Hall isn't coming to New Orleans. Why would the Falcons trade him to us? Not happening.

Our only real options of improving our CB play -- the draft, and Adam Jones. Yep, I said it.

Pacman would be a good option for 2012. that's about when he'll be cleared to play in the nfl again.

2 CBs

Mckenzie, after undergoing surgery to repair his torn ACL, will be very lucky to be ready by the start of the season and will likely not be at full speed until at least midway through next season. As a result, I'm afraid we need two corners. Sigh!!!

The Saints have needed an upgrade at CB for several years now and have needed two, not one, because of McKenzie's age (and now injury) and the bad play of first Thomas and now David. I agree that Young may one answer, but I'm not sure if he is ready to start. Ideally, the Saints will get one CB from free agency and one from the draft.

There are a lot of empasis on corner this year, and rightly so. Although I agree that the CB position is of much need, alot of the big plays were the Free Saftey's fault. Josh Bullocks was out of position ALL YEAR. There were at last 5 long TDs last year that were blamed on Jason David that were actually Bullocks' fault- Andre Johnson (Houston Game), Iaasac Bruce (Rams), Reggie Wayne's 2nd TD agianst the Colts and a few more.

I am in no way defending Jason David, by no means, an I defending David, but Bullocks played equally as bad. You can have Champ Bailey back there and if you've got Josh Bullocks backing him, you're gonna get deep balls completed,

Whoever is the best available at CB or Free Saftey would be the best bet. I think that to fill an immediate need you have to look to free agancy- You cannot expect a rookie to come in and handle the load. Sign one of the CBS on the market- Samual, Trufant, Florence, etc, then if Mike Jenkins is off the board, look for Kenny Phillips at #10. If you cannot get a CD in free agancy , then trade up and take Jenkins. Take the best payer for the long haul. If the Saints would have had that mentality in the past 5 years- CB would not be such a desperate need right now.

This is a bad year for free agent CBs. Florence, Reeves and Fischer are nickle backs and we will want them to come in and start.

I think that we might want to look t some RFA guys like Dominique Foxworth [3rd round] and Eric Green [3rd round] are good players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom