Cornerback Question (1 Viewer)

Scott B

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

I have a few questions for you about the CB position. First, it seems the CB position for the Saints has been questionable since 1967. I heard your thoughts that Marcus Trufant will probably get franchised or re-signed by Seattle, so that said, what are your thoughts on DeAngelo Hall or Drayton Florence becoming available in the offseason, and what is your take on whether any fit the Saints' scheme, and the possibilities of the Saints interest if any?

Second, albeit against a pathetic Falcons' offense, I felt that the secondary performed better without Josh Bullocks on the field. I know the club spent a second round pick on him, but at what point do you have to cut your losses with him, since he appears that the lights just aren't coming on with him? Also, where do you rate Kenny Phillips of Miami in regards to draft position?

Third, are they any sure-fire first round CB's in the draft that can come in and start immediately for the Saints, since Jason David is playing like a fish out of water? Also, what kind of cap hit would the Saints take by cutting bait with David?

Lastly, I was one of the many Saints fans that was drooling while watching Ray Maualuga of USC play in the Rose Bowl. I know he stated that he will stay for his senior year, but if he were to change his mind, do you think he is ready mentally to handle being an NFL player, and is he worth the 10th pick in the draft?

Thanks for everything you do for us here at SR.COM. You da Man!!

Scott B

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom