Cornerback question (1 Viewer)

Hawkeye Saint

Calmer than you.
Reaction score
Which gives us the most bang for the buck, Drafting a rookie, or signing one of the CB's about to hit free agency.....and which one? If we get burned on this one, I't going to make for a long season.

I think we'll get one in FA and the draft. Drafting the top guy will definitely be cheaper than signing Trufant or Samuel. I would love DRC if we can trade back or McKelvin perhaps at 10.

Unless you are bringing in a key FA at cb, then it really don't matter. Now the only rfa that has my eye is eric green in arizona. A third rd for a proven guy is good. I think we will get both considering that 2 of our top 3 db's are in there 30's. I think he is a better choice then drayton florence who if all the big guys get tagged will be the best on the market. Now u may get a stud rookie cb but u would have to expect growing pains as a rookie. IMO i think our o is the key to our d, which goes back to the 06 season. When u score points in bunches it forces teams to be pass happy. Now passing is something that we struggled in but WHEN u know a team is going to pass it suppose to help your def. play calling. It helped in 06 but we regressed in that department this year.

We will probably do both, "attempt" to sign one and we will draft one in the first 4 rounds.

I think Shawn Springs is going to be cut by the Redskins because of cap issues. Springs would be a great fit for us.

I think Shawn Springs is going to be cut by the Redskins because of cap issues. Springs would be a great fit for us.

I like Springs... always have since he left OSU... but I'd like to get younger at CB... too many senior citizens in our secondary already...

Not more then maybe a year for cheap, cause

Shawn Springs is 32, the same age as Mckenzie so at best this would be nothing but a stop-gap player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom