Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (20 Viewers)

Ah, definitely not Cullman then.

I didn't pull back anything when I searched for Culvert. Is it maybe Calvert? That looks to be in the area.

I didn't spend too much time down that way, but it's probably about what you would expect. I dated someone that was from about 90 minutes east of there way back in the day, and I made the mistake of going with her to one of her high school reunions and meet her parents on the same trip.

It's a big, long story, but with hindsight clarity, I should have never gone. I was truly the odd person out as pretty much everyone there was still living in the area and I think every other couple there were in the same graduating class, except for one other guy. It was super uncomfortable for me at the after-party, and there was no alcohol there either.

Kind of a chuckle-type story, I remembered that one of the beer guys had given me a case of beer as a thank you for helping him out a bunch when he stopped in, so I had that in my trunk. It was a little chilly, so I thought, hey - that beer might be cold enough. I politely excused myself (no one really noticed or acknowledged me), so I went outside and cracked a beer. It was decently cold, and I just sat there for a bit kind of chillin'. A guy walked outside a few minutes later (I think to smoke) and he saw my beer and was like "man, you got another one of those"? So, I passed him a beer and he and I shot the sheet for a good while outside. I think he was the one other guy that wasn't from the area. Well, I got in trouble with my girlfriend because I was away from her for a while and I had beer at her friend's house. Ugh.

I will say that I think you'd be in for a very big culture shock moving from Indianastan to small-town Alabama. My advice would be to not underestimate just how much different that can be and whether you think it's something you can or want to deal with. I'm happy to answer any questions - and I will preface everything with that it's been over 20 years since I lived down there. I don't think much has changed in those areas, though.
Thanks

Cherry kool aid is good, you just need to accept being wrong on this one. No one is perfect.
It is not good and I am perfect.

Just kiddin’. Not perfect but I was hammered last night. Went day drinking and ubered home at 12:30am.

When I left my house, it was 68 & sunny so the windows were open. When I got home, it was 48 and dark and cold.

I am going to pay for my sins today.

It is not good and I am perfect.

Just kiddin’. Not perfect but I was hammered last night. Went day drinking and ubered home at 12:30am.

When I left my house, it was 68 & sunny so the windows were open. When I got home, it was 48 and dark and cold.

I am going to pay for my sins today.
One doesn't need to pay for their sins. I stayed up til 5am and am up now. Gonna be smoking all day so in a way I'm partying. Cooking a potato and onion au gratin again tonight with carrots and broccoli, bacon and cheese. I'm getting good at making it.

One doesn't need to pay for their sins. I stayed up til 5am and am up now. Gonna be smoking all day so in a way I'm partying. Cooking a potato and onion au gratin again tonight with carrots and broccoli, bacon and cheese. I'm getting good at making it.
Sounds like too much broccoli.

Apparently I made a post in the AK arrest thread that was about Ceedy having a football camp this weekend and being the future of our team.

Man whatttt was I even going on about. Lol.

We were just supposed to go have lunch & rose on the beach. Then more friends showed up and it turned into all day drinking.

I had a root beer float tonight and that's the closest to beer I'll get this evening. That sucker was good though....been a long time since I've had one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom