Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (60 Viewers)

Having some beam/coke tonight but have to go easy. Daughter is working at a food pantry in the morning so have to have her there at 8am.

Having some beam/coke tonight but have to go easy. Daughter is working at a food pantry in the morning so have to have her there at 8am.
Bleh.

Our daughter was away by the grandparents last night, so I was made aware that a dinner date was expected. Got home from work and saw a bunch of weather reports saying that a quick ripping winter storm was coming in by about 5 to 8 pm...told me wife and got the obvious reply that "they are never right, BS, we are going to dinner"...had a great meal and were finishing up when every phone in the restaurant starts beeping with emergency alerts for weather.

A typical 20 min drive took almost 90 mins! It was some of the worst white knuckle driving I have been thru, a squall line with sustained 45-55 MPH winds and 75 MPH gusts...just dumping copious amounts heavy wet snow. Moving my big truck laterally across the HWY. Couldn't see anything, as we were heading due north and the storm was blowing across out of the West/NW. Lost track of all the smaller cars in the ditches, was at least 40+
Was really regretting my 3 Manhattan's during dinner for a bit and was then totally stone sober by the time we got home.

Our daughter was away by the grandparents last night, so I was made aware that a dinner date was expected. Got home from work and saw a bunch of weather reports saying that a quick ripping winter storm was coming in by about 5 to 8 pm...told me wife and got the obvious reply that "they are never right, BS, we are going to dinner"...had a great meal and were finishing up when every phone in the restaurant starts beeping with emergency alerts for weather.

A typical 20 min drive took almost 90 mins! It was some of the worst white knuckle driving I have been thru, a squall line with sustained 45-55 MPH winds and 75 MPH gusts...just dumping copious amounts heavy wet snow. Moving my big truck laterally across the HWY. Couldn't see anything, as we were heading due north and the storm was blowing across out of the West/NW. Lost track of all the smaller cars in the ditches, was at least 40+
Was really regretting my 3 Manhattan's during dinner for a bit and was then totally stone sober by the time we got home.
We had something like that a few days ago. I woke up and it was 52 degrees with a light drizzle.y drive home had unbelievable winds. I woke up the next morning and the temp was 7 degrees with 4 inches of snow and snow drifts over my knees.

How many times did you bring up the forecast being right on the way home? For me it would have been eleventy million times.

I mean just look at them. The 2nd, 3rd & 4th from left on the top look ill.
F15CD0A9-F2B8-4C2C-83FD-B76D3C9DE41B.jpeg
I hear ya. That third one seems to have had issues putting on lipstick in a moving vehicle on a bumpy road; eaten way too much ketchup with its onion rings, or it is growing an oddly colored bonsai tree out of its chin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom