Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (27 Viewers)

Have y’all ever sold things on Offer Up? I don’t have FB so I don’t mess with FB marketplace but I had somethings I needed to get rid of. I’m not really trying to make a profit off any of them but rather than donate them, it would be nice to make a little money off the stuff & have someone else take on the burden of getting it out of here.

Anyway, I decided to get rid of the chairs in my living room, and get something with a higher back because my current chairs while comfy, after about 10 minutes in them suck bc they are so low profile. Anywho… I also wanted to sell this MFP because I almost never need to print, scan or fax anything and it takes up a lot of space up in the loft where I have my office.

So I got an inquiry from someone asking about the chairs for the living room “do you know how much weight the chairs can support?” Lmao. Like no bro. I mean grown men have sat in them before with no issue but it certainly makes me wonder how huge you are to ask the question.

On the MFP someone asked if it was still available. I reply yes. They reply “meet up?” and I said “are you able to come get it?” (The thing is like 6-7 years old and my old job purchased it for me. I was selling it for $25 just to have someone save me the hassle.

The chick replies “I can’t. My husband took my car. Can you drop it off?” Like birch, no I cannot. Gas is $6.50/gallon for my car and for $25 item, I’m not doing all that. Besides this sounds suspect and like a setup and upon arrival I’ll be kidnapped and sold into a sex trafficking crime syndicate. Hard pass.

I am also shocked at how many people inquired about the items I have on there who don’t have cars and no way to pick things up. Like what are you doing??? This is not Amazon!

Also, for the record, I give everyone the address for the building in the front and I meet them at the street with the stuff. I don’t let these weirdos know where I live or allow them in my house.

Have y’all ever sold things on Offer Up? I don’t have FB so I don’t mess with FB marketplace but I had somethings I needed to get rid of. I’m not really trying to make a profit off any of them but rather than donate them, it would be nice to make a little money off the stuff & have someone else take on the burden of getting it out of here.

Anyway, I decided to get rid of the chairs in my living room, and get something with a higher back because my current chairs while comfy, after about 10 minutes in them suck bc they are so low profile. Anywho… I also wanted to sell this MFP because I almost never need to print, scan or fax anything and it takes up a lot of space up in the loft where I have my office.

So I got an inquiry from someone asking about the chairs for the living room “do you know how much weight the chairs can support?” Lmao. Like no bro. I mean grown men have sat in them before with no issue but it certainly makes me wonder how huge you are to ask the question.

On the MFP someone asked if it was still available. I reply yes. They reply “meet up?” and I said “are you able to come get it?” (The thing is like 6-7 years old and my old job purchased it for me. I was selling it for $25 just to have someone save me the hassle.

The chick replies “I can’t. My husband took my car. Can you drop it off?” Like birch, no I cannot. Gas is $6.50/gallon for my car and for $25 item, I’m not doing all that. Besides this sounds suspect and like a setup and upon arrival I’ll be kidnapped and sold into a sex trafficking crime syndicate. Hard pass.

I am also shocked at how many people inquired about the items I have on there who don’t have cars and no way to pick things up. Like what are you doing??? This is not Amazon!

Also, for the record, I give everyone the address for the building in the front and I meet them at the street with the stuff. I don’t let these weirdos know where I live or allow them in my house.
That's why I either give or throw away all of our sheet. People are ignorant and I have no patience to deal with them. Worth $25 for me not to have to talk to them haha

Alright....I'm going to attempt to get the corona drinking band back together. You guys have been slipping.

Have y’all ever sold things on Offer Up?
Sold, no. Bought, yes. A few years ago.

OfferUp used to be a decent alternative to craigslist (and I assume FB Marketplace) back when Letgo was around as its competition. It was a bit better for browsing for stuff because you could easily scroll the listings and you didn't have to jump to different sites if you wanted to look for something a little further away.

It all went to sheet when OfferUp bought Letgo and went to one application. The search results are horrible and most of the listings are just lazy. Like "Chair." Well, give me some details, people! I gave up on that site a while ago and haven't looked back.

I say all of that because I feel the quality of the buyers is directly related to the quality of the listings and the app. It...needs improvement.

I drank enough to kill a small village last night. I’ve done plenty.
Also, since I very rarely ever drink anymore and have been on this calorie restriction & eating really well, my body rejected all the alcohol and I barfed.

I have only barfed from drinking like twice in my life before. So yeah. Today has been rough and I had to lead a call at 10 on camera & couldn’t really tell them “sorry guys. I’m massively hungover and just 12 hours ago was barfing on a curb”

I've switched over to Miller lites. Had 3-4 beam/Coke and honestly would've liked to have kept going on those but I want to stay up awhile tonight and I would've been completely hammered if I stayed on that trajectory

Sold, no. Bought, yes. A few years ago.

OfferUp used to be a decent alternative to craigslist (and I assume FB Marketplace) back when Letgo was around as its competition. It was a bit better for browsing for stuff because you could easily scroll the listings and you didn't have to jump to different sites if you wanted to look for something a little further away.

It all went to sheet when OfferUp bought Letgo and went to one application. The search results are horrible and most of the listings are just lazy. Like "Chair." Well, give me some details, people! I gave up on that site a while ago and haven't looked back.

I say all of that because I feel the quality of the buyers is directly related to the quality of the listings and the app. It...needs improvement.
Yeah. A lot of people are like “is this still available”. Birch, if it wasn’t, I would have taken the ad down. Do you want it or not?

The other thing is that they will always offer half of what you’re asking. The printer I sold - already super cheap at $25 I had several offers to buy it for $10. Plus as I mentioned, half the people who reached out don’t have cars. It’s astonishing how many adults don’t have reliable transportation.

Yeah. A lot of people are like “is this still available”. Birch, if it wasn’t, I would have taken the ad down. Do you want it or not?

The other thing is that they will always offer half of what you’re asking. The printer I sold - already super cheap at $25 I had several offers to buy it for $10. Plus as I mentioned, half the people who reached out don’t have cars. It’s astonishing how many adults don’t have reliable transportation.
Its amazing how many adults don't have sheet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom