Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (15 Viewers)

Pels kicked arse.
Bulls came out and punched the Pels in the mouth with a 39 point first quarter and after that it was pretty much all Pels. Big time win and needed since they will be playing 3 games in 4 days

Graham probably played his best game as a Pel....the change in hairstyle worked lol
And undrafted Jose Alvarado took over in the 4th and was a one man mini-me wrecking machine
Also Nance is now healthy and he will be huge off the bench. Willie Greene likes having multiple athletic bigs on the floor at once and we have JV, Hayes, Hermangomez, and Nance

The weird thing is, that probably the best thing for us is to lose to the Spurs and beat San Antonio

Also Murphy finally contributing....showing some bad intentions on this buzzer beating dunk

Hard to believe Herb Jones is a second round rookie and might make the All Defensive Team

Despite being a second-round pick on a team headed for the play-in tournament, New Orleans Pelicans rookie Herbert Jones might become the first rookie to make an All-Defensive team since a guy named Tim Duncan did it in 1997-98. That's incredible company, and here are some stats that explain why Jones might do it.

• Ranks in the top 10 in defensive matchups vs. 2022 All-Stars this season.
  • Only player with 100 steals and 50 blocks this season.
  • Has recorded 210 deflections this season, fourth most in the NBA.
  • First rookie with 100 steals and 50 blocks in a season since Ben Simmons in 2017-18.

Hard to believe Herb Jones is a second round rookie and might make the All Defensive Team

Despite being a second-round pick on a team headed for the play-in tournament, New Orleans Pelicans rookie Herbert Jones might become the first rookie to make an All-Defensive team since a guy named Tim Duncan did it in 1997-98. That's incredible company, and here are some stats that explain why Jones might do it.

• Ranks in the top 10 in defensive matchups vs. 2022 All-Stars this season.
  • Only player with 100 steals and 50 blocks this season.
  • Has recorded 210 deflections this season, fourth most in the NBA.
  • First rookie with 100 steals and 50 blocks in a season since Ben Simmons in 2017-18.

That's crazy. And he is just getting better. His shot is improving and he is good at going to the basket.

Several huge plays last night - Nance's big block, Trey getting the dunk at the buzzer.. So fun to watch. 2 big games at SKC this weekend. Would love to win them both. It's doable - we crushed SAS last game, and the Lakers are slowly folding...

That's crazy. And he is just getting better. His shot is improving and he is good at going to the basket.

Several huge plays last night - Nance's big block, Trey getting the dunk at the buzzer.. So fun to watch. 2 big games at SKC this weekend. Would love to win them both. It's doable - we crushed SAS last game, and the Lakers are slowly folding...
SAS is going to give us their best....both because their playoff lives hang in the balance and because we beat them like red headed step children last time. If Nance and BI aren't up to playing back to backs yet, you rest them for this one and accept that there is a strong possibility of a loss and play them against the Lakers. Maybe even rest CJ as well

Abstained all week. Purdue vs. St. Peters tonight (Purdue grad here), so will be pounding some Ultra Ambers mixed in with some Taxman Brewery Deductions and Gold Standards as I sweat being the villains for one night.

Beam and coke flowing. Took last night off and ate too much dinner to drink a bunch of beer. Beam/coke has become the microwave version of me getting a buzz going.
Going tomorrow to see my wife's grandma on her 100th bday. Wife said I wasn't obligated because her gma really won't recognize anyone but I want to go. How many 100 year old people have you met? This will be my first.

Beam and coke flowing. Took last night off and ate too much dinner to drink a bunch of beer. Beam/coke has become the microwave version of me getting a buzz going.
Going tomorrow to see my wife's grandma on her 100th bday. Wife said I wasn't obligated because her gma really won't recognize anyone but I want to go. How many 100 year old people have you met? This will be my first.
I'm vaping and feeling good. Debating on pouring some scotch.

Actually, and I am sure this is the Delta 9 talking, I am REALLY wanting to open my bottle of Black Bull 30 Year

Must.
Resist.
Temptation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom