Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (50 Viewers)

Yep, sue me. :hihi:

I actually grew up a bit of a car nut. Loved all things racing. Didn't watch for a lot of years. Started getting back into it during Covid. Forgot how much I enjoyed it when I was a kid and I'm a fan again.

I really want to go see a race in person. Never have been to one.
I’ve only been to an amateur Formula 1 race in Angleton, Texas.

I actually grew up a bit of a car nut. Loved all things racing. Didn't watch for a lot of years. Started getting back into it during Covid. Forgot how much I enjoyed it when I was a kid and I'm a fan again.

I don't know the race but there was one in New Orleans years ago and I actually got to see it with my own eyes in some random building that I can't remember. I think there was even a wreck.

I went to a Grand Prix at the F1 track. I guess it’s the second tier to f1 or whatever, I don’t know much about racing just got a free ticket. Just the rumble and the bass and testosterone when the cars blow by is unreal and I don’t even have that heightened sense of feel that I’m guessing you do. I’m not into car racing at all and it’s in my top 5 or so sporting events I’ve seen live. It’d melt your face, you should definitely check a race out.

I was really into NASCAR until Dale died. Broke me.....he truly was my hero. I have not been able to watch it since really but I try every year. If you ever decide to do a race do bristol. Me and the wife have been several times and I went a year or 2 with my brother. Fantastic time.

No. Back in 2007 or 2008 in Houston they had an F1 race over at the Astrodome.

I’ve been to the track in Buda but for a concert. Never for a race.
It was still being used then? I know the Astro's stopped using it in 1999. I actually attended 3 MLB games between the Astros and Mets there.

Wait. I lied. They had some F1 race in Houston that I went to.
giphy.webp

It was still being used then? I know the Astro's stopped using it in 1999. I actually attended 3 MLB games between the Astros and Mets there.
Went the old Astroworld back before it was a Six Flags several years when I was a kids. And a couple of Astros games when I was a kid. José Cruz was my favorite player, along with Nolan Ryan. Cruz is actually a cousin of mine. I have several relatives from Puerto Rico. So if I remember right, his brother married my mom's first cousin. So Cruz is my second cousin. I haven't seen them in forever tho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom