Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (74 Viewers)

My fellow drunks, this is your reminder to always trust your gut. It literally never fails you.

The second your gut says “hold on”, don’t ignore it.

It will save you a lot of time with colleagues, clients, friends, family, lovers, potential lovers, salespeople & scammers, etc.

I was recently in a situation having a conversation with someone and my spidey senses were tingling like “this seems off” yet didn’t seem like a big deal. A week later, that ‘off’ comment made a ton more sense.

I don’t feel like going into detail about the situation because it’s nothing serious at all but even the smallest things when your gut tells you it’s off, believe it.
My gut is telling me I need a stiff drink.

My fellow drunks, this is your reminder to always trust your gut. It literally never fails you.

The second your gut says “hold on”, don’t ignore it.

It will save you a lot of time with colleagues, clients, friends, family, lovers, potential lovers, salespeople & scammers, etc.

I was recently in a situation having a conversation with someone and my spidey senses were tingling like “this seems off” yet didn’t seem like a big deal. A week later, that ‘off’ comment made a ton more sense.

I don’t feel like going into detail about the situation because it’s nothing serious at all but even the smallest things when your gut tells you it’s off, believe it.
Not listening to my gut instinct gets me in trouble far too often. I want to believe and trust people but time and time again they prove me wrong.

I’m watching this documentary right now & it was talking about your nervous system & how it reacts to what life puts at your doorstep. And it made me think of this conversation from a few weeks ago where I wanted to believe someone despite my gut saying “nah, this is crazy”.

Not listening to my gut instinct gets me in trouble far too often. I want to believe and trust people but time and time again they prove me wrong.
That’s what I’m talking about though. Your gut says “this is off” but then we rationalize and lie to ourselves that we need to be a good person so ignore the gut. Then pay for it later.

Fortunately this situation for me was not anything damaging or critical but my gut instinct to question someone, I let get overridden by that stupid voice saying “it’s not a big deal”.

Oh...and for the record. I went beam/coke tonight because I've carried a ridiculous Miller lite average the last 2+ weeks. Needed to change it up a bit tonight. These long vacations are hell on my liver.

I agree.
Odenkirk is amazing in it. Much better actor than Reeves plus it's easy to identify with him portraying an average Joe
I think it's more realistic. He starts off getting his butt beat but with each fight gets better. It was also done by the original John Wick guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom