Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (43 Viewers)

I feel like I'm still working on my craziness but I have enough of a control over it to where I felt comfortable enough to reply to this thread tonight. I won't be on here long enough to get crazy anyway.

Picked up a bottle of Talister Storm today. The reviews I have seen are very mixed

I think the problem is that people compare it to Talisker 10 year (which is understandable). Talkisker 10 year is a really good scotch that smells like the ocean and punches you in the face with its flavors of pepper, brine, and peat.

Talisker Storm has those same flavors (minus the pepper), but they are muted and there is sweetness in the mix. You wouldnt think all that works well together, but the smokey peat, ocean brine, and caramel-vanilla sweetness all blend together in a wonderful tasting scotch.

If you really like Talisker 10 year and and cant judge Talisker Storm without comparing the two, you will be disappointed. But judged on it's own, it is a really nice whiskey

Picked up a bottle of Talister Storm today. The reviews I have seen are very mixed

I think the problem is that people compare it to Talisker 10 year (which is understandable). Talkisker 10 year is a really good scotch that smells like the ocean and punches you in the face with its flavors of pepper, brine, and peat.

Talisker Storm has those same flavors (minus the pepper), but they are muted and there is sweetness in the mix. You wouldnt think all that works well together, but the smokey peat, ocean brine, and caramel-vanilla sweetness all blend together in a wonderful tasting scotch.

If you really like Talisker 10 year and and cant judge Talisker Storm without comparing the two, you will be disappointed. But judged on it's own, it is a really nice whiskey

I would be disappointed. Talisker is a great scotch.

I would be disappointed. Talisker is a great scotch.

I agree but if I gave it to you blind and didnt tell you which distillery it came from, you would most likely enjoy it

I agree but if I gave it to you blind and didnt tell you which distillery it came from, you would most likely enjoy it

Maybe, but I don't really like whiskey on the sweet side. Talisker's smoky bite is what is best about it.

I’ve been knocking out bottles of Bread and Butter pinot noir - great flavor for <$20 grocery bottle (Napa). But they’ve got a rose I’m gonna give a whirl tomorrow. With the wife of course. I’m comfortable with my masculinity, just not yet “drink rose by myself” comfortable. 😂
I just went through a Bread and Butter pinot noir, very nice. A really nice light pinot, easy to drink. Liked it a lot!

Maybe, but I don't really like whiskey on the sweet side. Talisker's smoky bite is what is best about it.

Well it isnt nearly as sweet as speyside, but it is there. Honestly it surprised me when I tasted it

Damn this really is good whiskey. Smooth as silk and it marries all the flavors from the different regions of Scotland in a way that works well...none stand out or overpower. They each take their turn. You get an initial sweet flavor that isnt overdone...tastes natural. Then you get a short dose of subtle brine and a finish of cherry wood smoke

I had 5 beers left so I decided to drink them today. Having done that, I decided to get fully drunk. Pray for me because I have to unload a truck tomorrow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom