Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (19 Viewers)

This drink was on point - really nicely balanced. A whiskey drink you can have on a boat - but not sweet. The scotch gave it a bit of a burnt finish that was really nice.

1599777524889.jpeg

That sounds good. Ever have a godfather or a blood and sand?

That sounds good. Ever have a godfather or a blood and sand?

I have not but I looked it up and I suspect this drink I had was just a variant of the blood and sand concept.

It seems like the really good mixologists these days use a classic cocktail as a launch point and embellish from there. The good ones know how to evolve or vary the drink in a way that comes out balanced and tasty. This one goes for more tart than sweet compared to the blood and sand (blood orange is more tart than others), and then the lemon and honey balance it out while softening the scotch - which provides the booze but also that slightly smoky finish. Nice effort.

I have not but I looked it up and I suspect this drink I had was just a variant of the blood and sand concept.

It seems like the really good mixologists these days use a classic cocktail as a launch point and embellish from there. The good ones know how to evolve or vary the drink in a way that comes out balanced and tasty. This one goes for more tart than sweet compared to the blood and sand (blood orange is more tart than others), and then the lemon and honey balance it out while softening the scotch - which provides the booze but also that slightly smoky finish. Nice effort.

Sounds good. I sometimes like to order a godfather if the bar has an islay scotch. Adding a dash of amaretto to a speyside seems a bit ridiculous

I'm about due up for a bender. Friday or Saturday will be the day. Saturday during the day I have to do a brake job on my elderly neighbors truck so probably do my bender Saturday night. If I do it Friday it'll make me hate sweating it all out doing the brakes. This is why planning the drunk is just as important as the drunk itself. Have to think it through. Sunday is football, wings, and beer so that'll help me come out of the hangover.

I'm about due up for a bender. Friday or Saturday will be the day. Saturday during the day I have to do a brake job on my elderly neighbors truck so probably do my bender Saturday night. If I do it Friday it'll make me hate sweating it all out doing the brakes. This is why planning the drunk is just as important as the drunk itself. Have to think it through. Sunday is football, wings, and beer so that'll help me come out of the hangover.

A Miller Lite bender?

Most likely although I did get a bottle of beam from my wife for my bday 2 weekends ago so that's always a starter option. Problem is that usually ends in bed spins for me.88004.jpeg

You gotta have a strategy - drinks 3, 4, and 7 are whisky. After 7, it's gotta just be beer. And when you're done, you're done - throw in the towel, go to bed. No need to get a hangover just for the sake of it.

I am drinking some Brandy tonight. I hardly ever buy/drink it, but it was mentioned on a Law and Order rerun I was watching and it sounded good.
Happy with the choice with the first cool weather of the season.

Ciroc VS is what I got because I don't know much about Brandy and it had a "Staff pick" tag which probably really means they are trying to dump it or something.

You gotta have a strategy - drinks 3, 4, and 7 are whisky. After 7, it's gotta just be beer. And when you're done, you're done - throw in the towel, go to bed. No need to get a hangover just for the sake of it.

I never purposefully mix liquor and beer. Always start off on the lower end and work your way up to the big leagues. I do, however, feel that that idea may no longer apply, It is easier though for me to gauge how drunk I am if I drink beer first.

I am drinking some Brandy tonight. I hardly ever buy/drink it, but it was mentioned on a Law and Order rerun I was watching and it sounded good.
Happy with the choice with the first cool weather of the season.

You definitely park in a garage.

You can't have a bender if you never stop drinking

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom