Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (80 Viewers)

I think I'm gonna head to a Costco sometime soon. Gotta check this out.
The only two I have tried is the cognac that I just got and the previous single malt scotch they carried....supposedly this is a new one

The previous one was decent....good for the price but nothing to write home about. The new one is supposed to be better although it does cost a bit more

I think I'm gonna head to a Costco sometime soon. Gotta check this out.
I have tried three.

Their spiced rum is heavy on vanilla. If you like vanilla coke then you'll like rum and coke made with it.

Their vodkas (they have a French and an American) are vodka.

Their bourbon is ok. If you drink a lot of bourbon, or use it for mixed drinks, it's a great deal. If you just drink it neat, or on occasion, I'd suggest starting with something like Buffalo Trace.

anything worth watching on the streaming? yes, i have already seen the mandalorian.
Someone told me about hell on wheels last week so I started watching that. Goes off netflix on the 30th so I have about a week to watch 5 seasons haha. I'm midway through season 2. It's a pretty good show.

Someone told me about hell on wheels last week so I started watching that. Goes off netflix on the 30th so I have about a week to watch 5 seasons haha. I'm midway through season 2. It's a pretty good show.

Where is it moving to? Is that known yet?

Yeah I am celebrating being mostly off work until Jan 4th...enjoying some classic Korbel Brandy old fashioned drinks (heavy booze pours)...got lots of holiday travel (on the road) coming up. The temps are dropping (high around 10 degrees next few) with snow falls coming...going to be quite a bender coming for myself next 10 days.

Speaking of old fashioned’s... anybody have a really good recipe they feel strongly about?

Get a slice of orange and a cherry and mash them up with a little sugar. Sprinkle some bitters and soda water in and mash it all together. Fill a second glass with ice and bourbon. Drink the bourbon.

enjoy!

Yeah I mostly drink Bourbon on the rocks (ice balls or large crystal clear cubes)...
But my wife wanted Old Fashioned drinks tonight, so busted out the Brady (big in Wisco)
Half a spoon full of sugar, heavy shakes of bitters and fresh oranges/good cherries and mull...add a splash of 7up, mix and then add ice and Brady/Bourbon, mix again and it is delicious.

Yeah I mostly drink Bourbon on the rocks (ice balls or large crystal clear cubes)...
But my wife wanted Old Fashioned drinks tonight, so busted out the Brady (big in Wisco)
Half a spoon full of sugar, heavy shakes of bitters and fresh oranges/good cherries and mull...add a splash of 7up, mix and then add ice and Brady/Bourbon, mix again and it is delicious.

7-up? :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom